Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hollie
Curious September 2021 Staffordshire

Entertainment

Hollie, 2 of March of 2021 at 08:51 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hey everyone!

Just seeking some advice if possible - I was never planning a UK wedding, however Covid forced my hand if it meant I was to get married this year. So, I want to keep away from the traditional ideas such as speeches, and it's just not for me or my fiancé.

Our whole day is taking place at a village hall - it has a separate area that almost looks like a chapel and then the main hall. We are thinking on having the ceremony at 2/3pm, and then having evening guests arrive at around half 6/7pm. However, after the food following the ceremony, there will be a couple of hours to entertain the guests.

Does anyone have any ideas for this to stop any awkwardness? The DJ is booked for the evening, but as we're on a budget we don't want to be spending a fortune for the day. Any ideas are welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Hollie

5 replies

Latest activity by Hollie, 2 of March of 2021 at 11:28
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Savvy May 2022 West Midlands
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Hollie,
    Congratulations!
    Are you having a wedding breakfast? If so, what time are you sitting down for this?If your ceremony finishes around 2:30 and evening guests are arriving at 6:30, then that leaves four hours in between. If you’re having a wedding breakfast in this time, then I don’t think they’ll be too much hanging around for the guests. Are you having a photographer?How many day guests have you got?
  • Hollie
    Hollie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

Sorry, I suppose I was vague! So at the moment its about 60 day guests, and we will be having a breakfast however this is going to be food provided by the family in a buffet style, simply because I want the day to be as relaxed as possible. Yes there will be a photographer, so if we had the ceremony at 2pm, I would expect we would be sat down by 3pm.

I am just so paranoid of them getting bored ?

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Ceremony at 2 you will be outside with a drink in your hand and mingling at 2.30. Call for food at 3.45 sat for 4pm. 2 hours max for buffet sees you at 6 pm.

You did not mention the time of year but as its a buffet and relaxed they tend to be quicker so could be finished by 5. Do you have any space around the village hall as they usually back onto the village green or park so garden games giant jenga, Frisby, a foot ball, sticky ball thing (dont know what its called ) see pictures. - you don't have to go over the top.

Entertainment 1

• Happypinkconfetti2338
    Savvy May 2022 West Midlands
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No that’s fine Smiley smile Sounds like it’ll be a lovely day, really relaxed and informal.
    I think the above reply has a good idea, and I’m doing similar timings for my wedding.

We’ve got 40 day guests, and I’m thinking:2pm Ceremony2:30pm Photographs3:30pm Guests seated for wedding breakfast3:45pm Speeches4pm Food served 5:30/6pm Food finished and then guests go to the bar/outside7pm Evening guests arrive
    My venue also has a large private terrace area/garden where guests can sit (weather dependent of course). I’m also thinking of maybe hiring some garden games just so they have something to do Smiley smile
  • Hollie
    Hollie ·
    • Hide content

Aw thank you both so much, that makes me feel a bit better!

So it's on 4th September, so with any luck we're hoping to have a sunny day, and all being well I was going to have some tables outside. I think I will go with what you both suggested, I just want my guests to have fun in a relaxed environment ?

Thanks again! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics