Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vikster79
Beginner July 2011

Entertainment between end of ceremony and sit down meal?

Vikster79, 19 August, 2010 at 15:24 Posted on Planning 0 7

Can you please divulge what kind of entertainment you have for this time period, if at all. Im concerned people will be bored - do i need to entertain them? Well ok not literally me, but you see what i mean lmao. Or will an ipod in the reception area do for an hour and a half ish?

7 replies

Latest activity by CupcakeQueen, 19 August, 2010 at 17:41
  • Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Do you mean while you're having photos done? We're having 'arrival' drinks and canapes and people can mill around. We might sort some background music out, and we're having lots of lawn games out front too so I hope people will just mingle and relax!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Yes during pics etc. But i suppose people will just be at the bar and outside watching us have our photo's being taken i should think and be in them too hopefully! so i suppose if we had a singer inside it would be wasted as people will just be wondering about. I think ive already talked myself out of having one already! lol

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

We're having canapes and drinks...entertainment wise there will be a magician and a piano player with a violinist. Loads of weddings I have been to have just had music playing in the background or even none at all. I think an ipod will be fine - most people will just chat and have a good ol' catch up with eachother during this time so I wouldn't fret too much about entertainment!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Wedding I went to recently just had canapes and drinks being handed round while photos were being taken and that was fine we used the time for mingling and gossiping since we had to be so quiet through the ceremony. I dont think people expect there to be any entertainment at this time it certainly wasnt missed x

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Background music, whether its live or recorded, does create a good ambience and atmosphere.

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have anything - I don't really see the need for constant stimulation, and like you said people have to be outside etc for photos, so anything you do have might be wasted. We had a pianist before the ceremony when people had to be in the room waiting but weren't milling.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

We are just having drinks and a 'video guest book' set up for guests to record messages, other than that just letting people get on with it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics