Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsT-tobe
Beginner June 2013

Entertainment during wedding breakfast....

MrsT-tobe, 25 May, 2012 at 20:23 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hiya, Just wondered what everyone was having for entertainment during their wedding breakfast?

12 replies

Latest activity by Enjayee, 26 May, 2012 at 17:56
  • T
    Beginner July 2012
    Thursday Bride ·
    • Hide content

Just an iPod for us with some background music

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content

We're hoping to have a magician - during welcome drinks, the wedding breakfast and the time that we vacate to the bar whilst they set up for the evening.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I am having a pianist, but I don't think it is necessary to have any entertainment really. I just knew I wanted a pianist at some point of the day as my dad would have loved it and hearing the piano will make me think of him and smile.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

We are having pipers during the welcome speech but just background music during meal.

• schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content

Nothing special, just background music.

• *BigBird*
    Beginner April 2013
    *BigBird* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This Smiley smile

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

We may have background music (ipod) but i don't think anything is necessary eating a nice meal with my nearest and dearest is entertainment enough.

• G
    Beginner August 2012
    Gemma&Chantelle ·
    • Hide content

We're having two acoustic guitarists and one will be singing, only softly playing songs of our choice in the background during the wedding breakfast. Just as the evening guests start to arrive we have a magician for 2 hours to work the room and entertain everyone.

We really want our guests to have a lovely day too ?

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

Again just an iPod with some background music that we like.

• martyncroston
    martyncroston ·
    • Hide content

Having live music is great entertainment during the wedding breakfast.

Not only can a live musician judge the ambiance of the room and adjust how they play accordingly, there can often be some dead time during the wedding breakfast where people are sat down waiting for their meal. I've personally played at a few weddings where guests have been sat down for up to an hour waiting for food! This slot is perfect for some live entertainment as guests often like to interact with live musicians, ask for requests etc.

If you go with a pianist, guitarist, or any other musician(s), then you may be able to use them for the ceremony as well.

If you have some songs for the wedding breakfast which you really want to hear then why not ask a musician to play them. It will make the entertainment just that little bit more special.

Good luck with your wedding preparations!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

We had a pianist that played all our music for the ceremony and during the wedding breakfast.

We had a harpist for the reception drinks.

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

We're doing a similar thing, how strange-in-a-good-way is that! ? We're hosting a little Mr & Mrs Quiz before the wedding breakfast to encourage our guests to start talking. My fiancé and I will be quizmasters.

We're going to have an iPod plugged into speakers for when we're eating and that's about it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics