Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Entertainment during wedding breakfast!

Missiecb, 4 of August of 2014 at 15:03 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi everyone

Just wondering what everyone is putting on their tables for guests to entertain themselves. My MOH has said i need to do something so as people dont get bored! I was thinking about the camera idea but after research found that the quality is really not worth it. I have under three weeks to sort something out Smiley sad

Whats everyone else doing?

xxx

7 replies

Latest activity by Tams90, 4 of August of 2014 at 19:54
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

You may want to put something out for children who may get bored or make a noise during the speeches, but otherwise adults should be perfectly able to eat, drink and chat to the others on the table without needing anything else.

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

Just food and alcohol is sufficient! I've never been bored at a wedding meal (apart from when speeches go on for too long). But once food and drink are there, I tend to think everyone gets chatting. Most people on the tables will know each other, and those who don't, I would hope you will sit them with appropraite people, so they will have things to talk about.

If you really want something, you can get little quiz cards, and things like that, or the disposable cameras (but that can be pricey, and most people have camera phones anyway). You can do iSpy for adults, and make them a list of photos to capture if you want to. But I really don't think you need anything.

Whatever you decide on, I really wouldn't spend too much money, most people amuse themselves with chat at the dinner time. Plus you and the groom will be doing the rounds during the meal, which will entertain people.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Missiecb ·
    • Hide content

Haaa I thought someone would say this....I was thinking the same.

We are having not children at the day apart from two 2 month old babies (not by request just not body bringing their children) so its just the adults.

My MOH had like a small quiz card so was thinking that but I do think whats the point.

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

We found a seller on Etsy who created a crossword based on information about myself and my OH. We are going to put those on the tables if people need something to occupy themselves with. We thought it might also help some of the guests who don't know each other to break the ice.

• T
    Beginner May 2015
    trewsie ·
    • Hide content

I have set up a wedpics account and am thinking of doing a grown up ispy and then people can upload them onto the app straight away.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Oh for goodness sake, tell your MOH that you dont need to prvide forced fun, as another poster said, food and alcohol is sufficiant, just let them enjoy the conversation and atmosphere!!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This.

• Tams90
    Beginner July 2016
    Tams90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we was thinking of putting something on the table aswell as an extra entertainment for guests. We're still thinking what to do however we attended a wedding last weekend and they put a game on each table where each guest had to put £1 in a pot and then go around the table and each person had to guess how long the best mans speech would last. The winner or the person to get the closest time won all the money. Thought it was a good idea, especially for bonding people who might be sat on a table where they don't know many people.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics