Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HappyRedDiamonds13869
Beginner October 2020

Entertainment ideas

HappyRedDiamonds13869, 22 of January of 2020 at 11:30 Posted on Planning 1 6

Myself and my partner are getting married in October and are having a micro wedding. Only 10 guests. With the advice of the hotel we are getting married later in the day 3.30pm but I'm struggling to think of ideas for entertainment in the evening that would fit in well with such a small wedding. So if anyone has any ideas please please feel free to comment ??

6 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 13:06
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Do you actually want the wedding to last until late?

We are having a small wedding with a lunch and then leaving for our honeymoon around 6pm. There's no law that says the wedding has to finish after 11pm!

• Y
    YourWeddingFilmed ·
    • Hide content

I think a caricaturist could be really fun at a small wedding. Things we have seen done before with a smaller wedding includes getting guests involved a bit more, with a hunt/challenges or a quiz/ game of some sort, as this is not often possible with a larger wedding.

Otherwise think out the box a little with something like dance lessons or cocktail making lessons etc.

A bit of advice with smaller weddings is to concentrate on wedding details and really make them quirky and about your characters. Details can keep things interesting and fun, like having lots of photos of you guys growing up and together for people to look through.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I'd go for a magician - you need a really good one though, that has a large repertoire of tricks. Someone like Mark Waddington.

• Nathalie@ButtercupBus_Campervan_Weddings
    Nathalie@ButtercupBus_Campervan_Weddings ·
    • Hide content

If it's October, could you make use of the darker evenings - perhaps with a mini fireworks display?

If not a fan of fireworks, perhaps you could make your desserts as a group activity with a professional?

Or perhaps a quiz?

• D
    Beginner August 2021 Neath Port Talbot
    Deed81 ·
    • Hide content
    I’m having this same issue now. Small wedding and a disco sort of thing would just be awkward with so few guests.
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Obviously it is a bit each to their own for entertainment, something I intend to do at my wedding (we do have quite a number of children) is have things like skittles and ring toss, maybe a little basketball hoop etc that tipsy adults can enjoy in the evening after the kids have gone to bed, but I appreciate that sort of thing isn't everyone's cup of tea. Maybe have music from a laptop or iPhone but at a slightly lower level so people can still talk but still feels like a party. Is the room a good size for 10? Not so big u feel like u have to stick to a corner?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics