To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2022 Kent

Entertainment suggestions. Help!

Louise, 9 of February of 2022 at 08:53 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi all,

I hope someone can help me
My partner and I are getting married on 1st September at 4pm
We have around 60 guests, are having a pizza food truck caterer, I'm going to be bringing in local drinks etc. I'm just really stuck for entertainment ideas.
We have to be out of the barn by 9pm which suits us.
My other half doesn't want any dancing at the wedding, but he also doesn't like playing games. I've had so many ideas such as pub quiz (he doesn't want), board games (he dislikes), mobile escape room (he wasn't a fan), I even suggested a mobile rock climbing wall, archery, Lazer tag, bouncy castle but he doesn't want to do anything.
Bit of background on us - we are a non traditional couple. Have keen interest in classic cars and asking our guests to bring theirs. We love all things French.
I'm worried people are going to be bored at the wedding, but should I be? Am I putting too much pressure on 5 hours and just be ok with people chatting and background music. (I could look into hiring a jazz pianist)
I've spoke to a few people and they think that we have to have something - some people are already upset that they have to take a whole day off work for 4 hours.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

3 replies

Latest activity by Tamsin, 9 of February of 2022 at 12:34
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    I do think you need some form of entertainment for your guests - 5 hours is a long time to stand around and chat (although, by the time you’ve got married, will be less time!). Given that your partner has said no to all your ideas, what are his suggestions?
    I know you said your partner doesn’t like games but not sure what you have suggested - what about pétanque (going for the French angle!)/ other garden games. We’ve having hook a duck and a coconut shy - casual type things that people can choose to play (or not!). Also (alternatively) what about something like a magician who can wonder around and entertain guests? Or something involving the cars (although I’m struggling to know what!)
    Good luck
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Did you try him with a caricaturist ? they can be fun not only for the person seeing the result but also for everyone else watching. They also get to take something home. That will only cover a couple of hours but you do not need to fill every second with something to do. Its your wedding to choose whatever entertainment you feel but perhaps its worth remembering that the entertainment is primarily there for the guests.

Instead of a jaz pianist how about an acoustic duet that people may even fancy having a dance to.

But wow what great a selection -- mobile escape room / mobile rock climbing / archery, Lazer tag / bouncy castle. I have seen plenty of bouncy castles and an archery session, not sure how an escape room would work because it would only entertain those that are in it but the climbing wall would also entertain everyone watching.

The archery was well attended and fun for the guests.

Entertainment suggestions. Help! 1

Entertainment suggestions. Help! 2

• T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I would also say jazz is a really love/hate style of music. I know I’m just making this more difficult for you, sorry! Classical instead of jazz might be less emotive, unless you know everyone will enjoy jazz. As another poster has said, perhaps hubby can come up with some ideas since he has pooh poohed everything you’ve suggested so far.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics