Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amethyst
Beginner October 2010

Entrance & exit songs - inspire me!

Amethyst, 20 of June of 2010 at 23:26 Posted on Planning 0 21

Stuck on exit, thinking of Stevie Wonder's 'Isn't she lovely' for entrance, as my parents used to sing it to me when I was a baby but not sure if that is too egotistical!

21 replies

Latest activity by buggerlugs, 21 of June of 2010 at 17:44
  • *PJ*
    Beginner July 2010
    *PJ* ·
    • Hide content

I'm having Wagner's Here come the bride to come into.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFTnFErJEu4&feature=related

and Mendelssohn - Wedding March https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDr8Q7lDW8o

Cheesy .. I know but have always wanted it! Smiley laugh

I'd say go with whatever YOU (and OH) want!!!

P xx

• maryg111
    Beginner May 2011
    maryg111 ·
    • Hide content

We're stuck on an exit song too! we're having the Glee version of Over The Rainbow to come in to (that got decided on Sat night while we were watching the Glee finale - took one look at each other and knew that was our choice!)

but cannot think of anything for walking out to - everything by michael buble is a good one cos its quite upbeat but we're having that as our first dance!

good luck deciding!!!!

• A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

Im walking into canon in d thats decided knew that all along, no idea what to walk out to so we have

my girl

brown eyed girl

i would love take that greatest day but oh has said im not allowed any take that all day xx

• flutterbye
    Beginner
    flutterbye ·
    • Hide content

I am walking in to Air from Handel's Water Music (not too grand, but nice) and we are finishing to Feeling Good by Nina Simone ?

• Amethyst
    Beginner October 2010
    Amethyst ·
    • Hide content

Oooh interesting mix!

Flutterbye - I love Air! But boy have you given me a great idea - Feeling Good would be AWESOME! It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life for me .... And I'm feeling gooooood!

• flutterbye
    Beginner
    flutterbye ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup, this is why I love it - perfect lyrics for having just got married and it's so uplifting.

I really love nina simone, and was so pleased when h2b suggested this song to finish as he was keen on having all classical music ?

• kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

We are having Jonathan cains here comes the bride as entrance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyXWm_cw2E

and Black Eyed Peas - I gotta feeling for the exit Smiley smile

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

I think we're having Des'ree Kissing You from Romeo and Juliet to come into and Nina Symone Feeling Good to exit to. Toying with the idea of the New Found Glory cover of Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer too though.

• Amethyst
    Beginner October 2010
    Amethyst ·
    • Hide content

Great ideas! What about register signing music? I've been told I need 3 tracks ... definitely want Elbow 'Day like this', possibly Coldplay 'Yellow' and stuck on a 3rd ....

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I am having the instrumental version of Amazed by Lonstar on the way in and Greatest Day by Take That on the way out..

• D
    Beginner
    darkivy ·
    • Hide content

Entrance - Champions Theme (Carl Davis)

Exit - Song for Departure (Manic St Preachers)

Register signing - Elation (Levellers)

OH has picked the mingling music, he is going for Times Like These (Foo Fighters) and Feelin' Good (not sure whose version there are loads!)

• maryg111
    Beginner May 2011
    maryg111 ·
    • Hide content

Its just a bit different - and it makes it a bit more personal to us but we're not telling anyone what we're having!! we're going to have pacelbel's canon when people are coming in so they think it will be all traditional but then when it all kicks off it will all be just a bit different! and we LOVE Glee!!!!

i am still working on having 'Suddenly' by Angry Anderson (Scott and Charlene's wedding!!) somewhere in the ceremony - but it is a battle that i am not winning at the moment!!!! i'll keep at it!!

another gorgeous song is I Promise You by Ronan Keating - the words are so lovely, but been a bit put off by his latest scandal!! ha ha!!

there's some really good song choices here!!!!

• flutterbye
    Beginner
    flutterbye ·
    • Hide content

For the registry signing we are having Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini 18th variation (Rachmaninov) followed by Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun (Debussy). The second is about 10 mins, so we don't need a third.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tell your H2B that if it was good enough for Scott and Charlene it's good enough for you and then stick your nose in the air. I told my H2B that it was my dream when I was 8 (?) to have that song in my wedding so he has to lump it! Haha!

• hubbs91
    Beginner October 2010
    hubbs91 ·
    • Hide content

Going In - Dan Reed Network Stronger Than Steel Acustic Version

Going OUt - Jason Mraz I'm Yours

During the register signing Jousha Kadsion Beautiful In My Eyes

• emmy1979
    Rockstar June 2023 West Yorkshire
    emmy1979 ·
    • Hide content

Walking in I'm having 'Time after Time' by Cyndi Lauper, during the ceremony we're having Aphex Twin 'Drucqs' and walking out we're having The Carpenters 'Close to You', because our little boy is always singing 'Why do birds suddenly appear, every time, you are neeeeeeaaar.' He'll be so chuffed when he hear's it.

We're having a pianist so it will all be instrumental. Some lovely choices here everyone.

x

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

To sign the register we're thinking of:

Everlong (acoustic) – Foo Fighters

Just say yes – Snow Patrol

One day like this – Elbow

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

I'm coming in to an instrumental version of the chauffeur by duran duran - just because it's really special to us.

Then our register songs are Al Green - that's how strong my love is Alicia Keys - tell you something and Al Green - simply beautiful

We're going out to Mary J Blige - No one but you. I love the way that song starts.

Slightly worried that some people have only got 1 register song - I'm sure when I asked on here people suggested 3 and I think OH'll be disappointed if we don't get all 3 of them! Oh well, I can always take my time over the piccies Smiley winking

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Walking in to Songbird by Eva Cassidy

Signing the register to he songs my 3 siblings had as their first dances

Walking out to Everything by Michael Buble

• G
    Beginner May 2009
    GingerOnTheTown ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

I walked in to John Denver's Annies song (my dads favourite)

and me and hubby danced back out to Barry White !! ?

Our guests faces were a picture as we left..!

• buggerlugs
    Beginner June 2012
    buggerlugs ·
    • Hide content

Louis armstrong-la vie en rose or we have all the time in the world

beatles-something

beach boys-forever (the words choke me up everytime)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics