Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

samidolls
Beginner September 2015

entrance music

samidolls, 27 of November of 2014 at 21:07 Posted on Planning 0 10

So we have been trying to decide on the music for my (and the bridesmaids) to walk down the isle to.

We have been toying with a theme from a movie (instrumental only)but we are struggling to make any kind of decision. I really like tale as old as time (yes from beauty and the beast) as the film is my all time fave and just hearing the music draws up emotion for me - and i am strictly none emotional! the only issue is my OH doesn't want it because of the fact it is beauty and the BEAST. and i have to say i agree, our families would not be able to let an opportunity like that slip. he would be the butt of every joke.

So then we moved onto the theme from lord of the rings, we really like this, we like the way it builds (and it has the added bonus of being very long, so no danger of the song ending early)but i played it to my parents who mentioned it sounded very funeral-y. Now i can't unhear it!!

We have so little experience of classical/instrumental music i wonder if anybody had an suggestions for us. We would still like to go with an instrumental from a film (we're geeks like that)!!

So does anybody have any suggestions??

10 replies

Latest activity by Elizabeth806, 5 of December of 2014 at 14:57
  • M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

If you want lord of the rings go for it! I'm having game of thrones.........

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

Your Hand In Mine by Explosions In The Sky. Instrumental, builds beautifully, title is fitting, it's long and it comes from a film soundtrack (Friday Night Lights).

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pug2R4iswz0

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Are you having a church wedding or civil ceremony - if the former then you need to check the vicar/priest will allow what you're considering. You then need to practise timings depending on the length of the aisle in question and also the order etc that the bridal party will go into. Consider if you could edit a long piece so you get to the main piece at the right time rather than having a boringly long lead in where guests end up thinking it's just another piece of background music rather than the bridal party entrance.

If you want classical then get hold of the Classic FM Wedding cd - that has some good tracks, if you want music from a film then go for it. Or sit down and open iTunes and trawl it listening to samples to get ideas, or listen to Classic FM. It's generally fairly light and you can pick up some great ideas. It is your wedding and in most cases - these pieces are immediately forgotten by the wedding guests - it's only you two that are likely to remeber them and that's because of all the planning. xx

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions.

We are having a civil ceremony!

• beccak
    Beginner September 2014
    beccak ·
    • Hide content

I had Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana - it's at the end of The Godfather and at the start of Raging Bull. I just thought it was pretty and romantic!

I started walking in from 1 min 16 on this version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeiEgdnvybM (my BIL is a professional pianist so played all our music live).

• L
    Beginner March 2015
    leastone ·
    • Hide content

I am having Sleeping at Last by Turning Page (instrumental version) it is from Twilight x

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

OH wanted me to walk down to the flash gordon wedding march- google it, it's awesome but awful, or the march of the stromtroopers. We thought about film instrumentals but I could find one I liked. How about cloud atlas?

• C
    Beginner November 2015
    Chloepumpkin ·
    • Hide content

Have you checked out Vitamin String Quartet on youtube? They have some gorgeous music and its all instrumental

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    lindabelle66 ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married in Sept 2015 , small ceremony in a registry office. We are having The Marriage of Figaro as the entrance music, our favourite film is The Shawshank Redemption and the music features in a scene where Andy locks himself in the Governers office and plays The Marriage of Figaro to all the prisoners over the tannoy!

Lindabelle66

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

I am only making this daft suggestion because I am watching it right now with my toddler.... The opening music to Monsters Inc! hehe!

• E
    Beginner December 2014
    Elizabeth806 ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is on 31st Dec & we still haven't decided so I'm not sure I'm much help. . . However, I can definitely say that I understand how you are feeling, it's such a difficult choice! Will be reading the other replies with interest & hoping for some inspiration! :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics