Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2012

Entrance music as heard on 'Don't Tell the Bride'?

eliz9390, 31 of July of 2011 at 17:32 Posted on Planning 0 12

I was re-watching the episode of the "Vegas" Don't Tell the Bride (I still can't understand his logic!!) and love the music that is played as the bride walks down the aisle. Does anyone know what it is called?

Thanks in advance! x

12 replies

Latest activity by kitcrane182, 16 of July of 2014 at 22:36
  • E
    Beginner August 2012
    eliz9390 ·
    • Hide content

Anyone? ☹️

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

I cant remeber exactly what music it was they had but know a common one on wedding programmes is pachabel canon d major?? Im having this and heard it on dont tell the bride. Its worth trying it on youtube as it could be and its a lovely song. Hope it helps xx

• E
    Beginner August 2012
    eliz9390 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, thank you, thank you Sparkly Bride!! That's the one! It's been bugging me and no matter who I've hummed it too they had no idea!! Just listening to it now on You Tube! I will be forever in debt to you.....thank you!! ?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

There's lots of versions - we're using Canon in D for the entrance music, although I've had to edit the version we are using a bit to make it fit our timings properly - the one we liked rather went on a bit.

What sort of version are you looking for? There's string quartets, pipe organs, electric guitar, you name it it'll be out there (although I have yet to locate a kazoo version...)

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mrs jenkins 2 b ·
    • Hide content

I love this,i think this is going to be mine too.do you like the old version or the modern one?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

As I'm originally from Somerset, we stumbled across Acker Bilk's version of Canon in D, so that's the one we're using, as I said edited though (so it'll be unique to us, sorta).

• E
    Beginner August 2012
    eliz9390 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hee Hee! I was just listening to the 'Reggae' version on You Tube....very random and don't think we'll be walking down the aisle to that version!! Which brings me to my next question AJ - should it be played before the Bride enters the church or while she is walking down the aisle? Or at another point?

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mrs jenkins 2 b ·
    • Hide content

When she walks down the aisle

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Normally, when the ceremony is ready to start, on the nod of the person officiating, the music begins, cueing the guests to shut up, and then the bride and whoever is giving her away enter, followed by bridesmaids, enter and walk down to the front, then the music fades as appropriate when everyone is in their place.

You don't have to enter as soon as the music starts though; our entrance starts at 30 seconds into the music when the flowergirl enters, then at 00:45 bride and father enter, then 1:00 cbm, 1:15 other bridesmaid, 1:30 ring bearer. Its 15 seconds per set of 4 bars in the music, and 15 seconds approx for the walk up the aisle, leaving around 30 seconds at he end of our edited version for us at the end to get into our positions.

• E
    Beginner August 2012
    eliz9390 ·
    • Hide content

Bloomin' marvellous....thanks AJ! Can I employ you as my offical wedding organiser?!??

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Aww your so welcome!! Its absoloutly beautiful gives me goosebumps. Im having it to walk down the aisle to. I think the slow original versions the best(the one on dont tell the bride). My friend gets married in 2 weeks and I suggested this to her even though she had picked all her songs and she loves it that much shes changed them all. Best of luck with the rest of your organising xx

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Why employ me when you've got about 500 brides (plus me) on Hitched going through the same things right now, and are happy to help for free?

Incidently, this is the original of the Acker Bilk version that I've edited - cut out most of the long solo bit at the start after about 30 seconds and gone straight to where the full orchestra kicks in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm_pUKQh_PU

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    kitcrane182 ·
    • Hide content

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH A SONG ON DON'T TELL THE BRIDE!!

its in the episode with Alex and Kara, its played when they meet again at the alter about to be married
    its been driving me crazy for days

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics