Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bacchant
Beginner June 2017

Envelope Liners & Belly Bands

Bacchant, 28 of September of 2016 at 09:33 Posted on Planning 0 4

I've been having a bit of a panic about my invites, I want to get them posted in January, and as I'm designing them myself I want to make sure I have enough time to get them done!

I don't really like pocket folds, so I'm going for a small bundle of papers and want to wrap them together. I'm using moo.com so designing them myself and getting them printed. They will be A6, it'll be two postcards (main invite + RSVP), a flyer (venue info etc) and our gift registry info (small card). Then I just like the effect of a contrast when opening the envelope to have a different colour.

Anyway, my question is, does anyone know somewhere uk based where I can get envelope liners and belly bands? Everywhere I find seems to be American, and I don't really want to have to cut out 50+ of them myself! I could live without envelope liners but I really need something to tie it all together in a bundle.

If I can't get gold belly bands what else could I use? I'm not sure that lace would go, my fiance doesn't want anything sequined or rhinestones, I had thought about ribbon, but how would I stick it together so it's flat? (I don't want a knot /bow)

These are my draft invites, any suggestions for what to use to wrap them that would match? (Or any other feedback on them?)

4 replies

Latest activity by Bacchant, 29 of September of 2016 at 11:32
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Hi lovely Smiley smile

You can definitely get envelope liners from the UK. Check out Etsy (I've filtered it to UK only sellers for you!)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/search?q=envelope+liners&explicit=1&locationQuery=2635167

You could buy gold craft paper and make the belly bands yourself - you only need to cut strips and stick them together.

If you used ribbon, you could glue it together with a hot glue gun (I do this when I make cards)

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

Look at printed.com They do belly bands and envelope liners. You need to design them yourself, but you could do them so that they match your invites then get them printed.

I used them for my invites and highly recommend them.

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    lucyjo ·
    • Hide content

I know you said you didn't want to cut out the belly bands yourself, but if you can't find what you're looking for ready-made, The Paperbox.co.uk do some really nice gold 'non-shed' glittery card as well as metallic gold card and paper. I got my ivory card for my stationery from them and it's really good quality and good value. But def try Etsy first ?

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

I've looked on etsy previously but I was getting frustrated that some places listed as UK were in fact not and wanted postage that was more than the product! Or they didn't quite have what I wanted!!

That printed.com looks good though! They do other products too which I'd been wanting to get but couldn't find ie the 'table talkers' to put the menu on. I can't believe I'd not see it before!

The only think is that then it wouldn't be gold, but I guess I could add some shiny decoration afterwards

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics