Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2019

Essence of Australia/Stella York prices?

LuxuriousBlueFlowers861, 7 of May of 2017 at 13:28 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi ladies,

I've started looking at dresses online to get an idea of styles I like. I've found some gorgeous dresses that I love (in pictures at least!) in the Essence of Australia/Stella York collections online but am struggling to find anywhere advertising price points for these collections.

If anybody has a dress from either collection, would you mind telling me how much you paid and whether was RRP or sale/sample price? I've seen enough episodes of 'Say Yes to the Dress' to know that looking at things outside my budget is just a terrible idea so I'm really wanting to know whether I could afford one realistically or whether to be looking elsewhere. Would hate to get to the bridal shop or, god forbid, even try one on... only to find out that I really can't afford it.

Thanks in advance and any pictures would be greatly appreciated too Smiley smile

Jess

8 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousOrangeDiamonds745, 11 of May of 2017 at 00:07
  • L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

My essence of austrailia dress was £1699 this was rrp

X

• F
    Beginner June 2017
    FutureMrsTz ·
    • Hide content

I looked at some Stella York dresses and they were about £1200 upwards. You could see if any bridal shops near you have that particular designer and ask them what the RRP is. I think generally most designers never put the prices on their website xx

• B
    Beginner July 2018
    Blondie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I got my Essense of Australia dress a couple of weeks ago for £1699. That was the RRP and they would have knocked £500 if I bought the sample.

Hope this helps x

• FutureMrsO'L
    Beginner April 2018
    FutureMrsO'L ·
    • Hide content

The shop that I have ordered my dress from stocks Stella York/Essence dresses, along with Rebecca Ingram & Maggie Sottero & I believe the majority of their stock is under £1,500?

My own dress was £1,200, whereas my friend who is also getting her dress from the same place is £1,400. Both at Stella Yorks Smiley smile Neither of these were sale prices, just the price of the gown from the boutique, which by the way is absolutely fabulous. I don't think I've ever felt more at home in a shop in all my life - the staff are amazing & it's made me so excited for the process of getting my dress fitted which is something I thought I would dread!!

My dress is 6385 & my friends is 6220 - both gorgeous gowns!xx

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsR2Be ·
    • Hide content

I tried on a Stella York and the price of it was £1200 it wasn't what I went with in the end but I did love it.

• L
    Beginner August 2019
    LuxuriousBlueFlowers861 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all your prompt responses! I'm looking at the Stella York 6391 style in particular (think I'm in love all over again!) and have managed to find a price of £1300. My not-really-a-budget-budget was £1000 but spoke to h2b and his response was "if my baby wants that one, my baby can have that one" :') aaaand that's why I'm marrying him!

Thanks again for your help Smiley smile

• FutureMrsO'L
    Beginner April 2018
    FutureMrsO'L ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh that is a really beautiful one! I can see why you are in love Smiley smile!xx

• V
    Beginner September 2017
    VegasBride2017 ·
    • Hide content

Mines a Stella York and was £1299 at full price and is Beootiful! x

• L
    Beginner April 2018
    LuxuriousOrangeDiamonds745 ·
    • Hide content

End of 2010 I got a sample Essence dress for £450... I'm guessing it was well out of season and shifting a size 26 sample isn't an easy thing but I loved it and would of paid 3x as much for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics