Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner October 2016

Essense of Australia

Galbear, 15 of December of 2015 at 11:27 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi,

Has anyone bought a dress from the Essense of Australia collection? If so, would you mind telling me how much it cost? I can only find American prices and would like to have an idea of UK costs before trying on some of these dresses on Saturday! Smiley smile

Also, if anyone has any real bride pictures of them in an Essense of Australia dress I would love to see please Smiley smile

Thanks,

Alice

8 replies

Latest activity by Pookie8911, 3 of January of 2016 at 16:57
  • bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Hi Alice, I had an Essence of Australia dress, I bought it from a sample shop so got it for a bargain price of £500 but originally it was £1395. It was quite heavily beaded though so I'm sure they start cheaper than that. this is me in the dress and then the model pic.

• C
    Beginner May 2016
    claireo1981 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Alice

I'm having Essense D1688. It's lace over satin with a v-neck and a low back and was £1399. It hasn't arrived in store yet so I don't have a photo of me wearing it, but I tried a few Essense dresses on and I would say the model photos on the website don't do them justice.

Happy dress shopping :-)

Claire

• G
    Beginner October 2016
    Galbear ·
    • Hide content

Thank so much for your replies ladies! Smiley smile

bliss_balloons you look absolutely gorgeous in that dress, makes me even more excited to try on dresses this weekend!!

claireo1981 thanks for that, that's useful to know Smiley smile really hoping for closer to the £1000 mark if possible so fingers crossed!

• E
    Beginner May 2015
    Elsie81 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I bought the Essense D1617 in May 2015 for £1400. That said, my friend bought a beautiful Essense gown in the same from the same shop (Kudos Couture, Morningside, Edinburgh) for £500.

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    Limpy loo ·
    • Hide content

Sorry about the rubbish pic- it's a photo of a photo. Knew as soon as I tried on my Essence dress it was 'the one' despite never having owned a one shouldered item of clothing in my life! Definitely over my budget at £1200 but glad I went for it.

Good luck?

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I've not actually bought my dress yet. Funnily enough, I had an Essence of Australia dress pinned on Pinterest a long time before we even got engaged, and was pretty sure it was 'the dress', so surprised my Mum when we went dress browsing by trying on the exact same dress! Attached a photo of me trying it on with and without the satin belt from front and back (Sorry if photos are huge - not uploaded on here before!). It's a very close second to a Maggie Sottero dress, which I fell in love with. Price wise, I actually tried it on in the States, and think it was about $1400. This is design D1617.

Good luck dress shopping!

• R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content

Pookie that dress looks absolutely stunning on you! So flattering on your figure. What is the Maggie Sottero you are thinking about?

To Alice the OP - I can't help as I have a Naomi Neoh dress but how did the shopping trip go?

• G
    Beginner October 2016
    Galbear ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies,

Thank you so much for your replies!

Limpy loo I love that dress- never seen such a lovely one shouldered dress before, gorgeous Smiley smile.

Pookie that dress looks beautiful on you!! Smiley smile

So, an update - I went shopping and tried on the Essense dress that I had my eye on and loved it...it's the one! I tried on loads of other dresses just to make sure but couldn't wait to try my dress back on.

Here is a picture of the model wearing it:

Will upload pictures of myself in it when I am at home as they are saved on my computer there.

I was so nervous about dress shopping and after haing a disappointing first appointment in the morning, the second appointment couldn't have gone better and I found my dress!! Smiley smile

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies! This is the Maggie Sottero dress I fell in love with (not entirely sure I can afford it, or really get my head around spending that much on a dress, but it felt incredible on). I totally surprised myself with what styles I preferred - I went shopping with the mindset I wanted my arms covered, and wanted an A-Line. I've lost a lot of weight recently though, and ended up picking all mermaid/fishtail style dresses!

Alice, that dress you've picked is stunning! So pleased you managed to find one on the 2nd shop!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics