Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner April 2016

Essex bride2b

princess_bex1985, 3 of January of 2013 at 18:51 Posted on Planning 0 20

Hello fellow brides to be

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!!!

what budget have u all set??

i am trying to find a venue in Essex that is within our budget any luck with ur venue??? X

20 replies

Latest activity by Emma158, 10 of January of 2013 at 11:59
  • <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

Hello princess_bex1985

I'm an Essex bride as well ? My budget that I've guestimated using the budget planner on here has estimated me at having a budgeted of just under £20000.

My budget for my venue (thats ceremony, reception and food) is £12000 but I don't think I'll be able to afford that ☹️

Any idea on when you're planning on getting hitched? I'm looking at 26th Apri 2015 being the latest so fingers crossed for me ay ?

xoxo Smiley heart

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I am from Essex and my OH is from South London so we looked at loads of venues around Essex but although there are loads of them lots of them were overpriced! Is there a particular type of venue you are looking for? Also depends on your budget as we looked at places that ranged from £6000 up to £20000!!! In the end we found a lovely venue in Surrey.

Good luck!

• MrsCToBe2013
    Beginner August 2013
    MrsCToBe2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya! congratulations to you too.

when are you getting married?

We have a budget of £11,000. our venue was £5,000.

whats your budget and for how many people? i looked at LOADS online, prices vary sooo much! What part of essex are you looking?

• essex_charlene
    Beginner September 2012
    essex_charlene ·
    • Hide content

I got married in Wickford Essex. If you need a help please just ask. Have loads of recommendations for you... Xxx

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    princess_bex1985 ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow really wasn't expecting any replies lol .

I am looking around Brentwood:billericay area.

Going to the open day at the old rectory on Sunday to have a look and see what they can do for us. Our ideal reception would be somewhere exclusive and beautiful, yet the prices these places are trying to charge is ridiculous. I am even thinking of having a church:registry office then having reception in a hall hiring external caterers etc. any help and advice would be appreciated muchly.

Our budget is £6000 and I know it is possible x

Xmas even thinking of saving up then booking last minute deal x

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Congrats on your engagement and welcome to hitched! If you wanted to save some money on the venue, it might be worth considering getting married in off peak season or a weekday.

I found a private hall/small manor home always looked beautiful and sometimes they will include catering which could probably be less than external caterers. One thing I'd say is don't go for a huge multipurpose venue where they have room for several weddings on the same day, I've found the service is awful and they care a lot less about you.

With regards to booking a last minute deal, bear in mind that until you have a venue and therefore a date, you might struggle to fix a lot of the other services, as they'll need a date to hold for booking. Last minute would mean sorting all the other things out at the last minute as well!

Beginner August 2013
    *PrincessMeMa* ·
    • Hide content

I'm an Essex Bride too... We're getting married in a converted village hall in Ongar on 2nd August this year, its gorgeous. We're bringing in our own caterers for the day... having a hog roast for the sit down meal, and then a big buffet for the Evening do!

I'm very excited now!!! x

• Vipur
    Beginner October 2014
    Vipur ·
    • Hide content

Another Essex bride here, Were getting married at Warley Park Golf Club in Brentwood. They do a really good package for £2000. It's not exclusive but it might be worth a look.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    princess_bex1985 ·
    • Hide content

I looked at warley park but it looked too small :/

we have chosen royal blue and ivory for our colour theme. Having butterflies too Smiley smile

it is such hard work thou lol I tried some dresses today but didn't find THE ONE!! I have started my folder with ideas, as I am sure everyone else has. What have u found to be really helpful? X

• B
    Beginner October 2014
    Beefzoid ·
    • Hide content

I'm an Essex Bride too!

Princessmema, what village hall is that?? I drove though Ongar today, so quite interested in having a look! As you can guess, not as of yet book a venue. Looking at a budget up to £6000

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    princess_bex1985 ·
    • Hide content

My budget is £6000 for everything. Doing my own invites and my own favours. Have chosen silk/foam flowers not only because they are cheaper but so they don't set my hayfever off lol.. X

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would keep that quiet on this forum.......️?️

Beginner August 2013
    *PrincessMeMa* ·
    • Hide content

It's Room in the Rodings. Not the prettiest, but cheap and does exactly what we need it too. The outside space is amazing, so I'm praying it doesn't rain!

Beginner August 2013
    *PrincessMeMa* ·
    • Hide content

And they have an open day this Sunday! No suppliers, just venue on show!

• David Baker Disco Experience
    David Baker Disco Experience ·
    • Hide content

I've been at both Rooms in the Rodings and The Reid Rooms and you just can't go wrong. They'll look after you well.

• B
    Beginner October 2014
    Beefzoid ·
    • Hide content

Ive been to the Reid rooms before with my best mate, I'm taking my mum there on Sunday at their open day so she can have a look round

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    princess_bex1985 ·
    • Hide content

Is that anywhere near blakes hall? X

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Its moderately close...

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We have a fab budget wedding at The Eight Ash Green Holiday Inn at Colchester.

• Pinkman'sBitch
    Beginner September 2013
    Pinkman'sBitch ·
    • Hide content

I must be really wierd we don't have a set budget!we just look at things if we can afford it yep if not no!

I'm doing DIY things though too.

• E
    Beginner October 2013
    Emma158 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

Another Essex Bride to be here! We ahve booked The Reid Rooms for October this year and we love the place! It's so quaint and pretty and seems really intimate. We also looked at Friern Manor and Marygreen Manor in Brentwood but fell in love with The Reid Rooms.

I think our budget is around £12,000. I say 'think' because I have lost track already so need to review the spreadsheet!!

:-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics