Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2011

Essex Brides? Friern Manor

Mrs_T*2B, 17 August, 2010 at 22:45

Posted on Planning 87

Hello Everyone! I have just signed up after booking our wedding last week! ? We are having a Church wedding and decided on friern manor in Dunton essex for the reception.. So really just to say Hi and if there are anyone out there who has attended or held their wedding/reception at friern and have...

Hello Everyone!

I have just signed up after booking our wedding last week! ?

We are having a Church wedding and decided on friern manor in Dunton essex for the reception..

So really just to say Hi and if there are anyone out there who has attended or held their wedding/reception at friern and have any stories (good or bad ? would be great to hear from you!)

Cheers

x

87 replies

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    Mrs_N*_2b ·
    • Hide content

Approximately 90 day and 160 evening although lots of people are travelling from abroad so depends on whether they can make it, I hope so!

Ours is black and ivory.

Have you chosen yours yet??

xx

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    MARBELLA BELLE ·
    • Hide content

Silver and white!

Thats a lot , Mine is only 50 in the day with another 30 in the evening!!!

Are you having the pianist ??

x

• M
    Beginner February 2011
    Mrs Meehan ·
    • Hide content

Hi again. Yes Summer is much more expensive! We looked at The Lawn, Stock Brook Manor and Friern and that was it, we felt it was the best of everything and so convenient for all our guests. The pianist is what initially attracted me! ha ha. Definitely having that. Still undecided about using their DJ as we would like some Irish music (H2B is Irish) as well as other stuff on our list! The biscuits are good, ha ha and the staff are amazing. Know they will be great on the day, they're really friendly too.

Love speaking to local brides too! xx

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    Mrs_N*_2b ·
    • Hide content

I don't think we are although apparently he is excellent. We are just having background music, is a bit more us!

He plays at the tasting day so may well change our minds.

Silver and white is lovely

x

• M
    Beginner February 2011
    Mrs Meehan ·
    • Hide content

When is your wedding Mrs N? We missed the taster day and now too late but heard good things x

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    Mrs_N*_2b ·
    • Hide content

Ours is 19 August 2011 - a year ago yesterday - feels like forever but know it will go fast!

When is yours?? x

• M
    Beginner February 2011
    Mrs Meehan ·
    • Hide content

It will go mega fast! 19th Feb 2011. I ordered my dress 9 months before and all of a sudden, I now have 6 months to go ? x

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    Mrs_N*_2b ·
    • Hide content

That will go so quickly - what with Christmas!

Are you all organised??

I am sort of on track. Still deciding on whether to have a videographer and looking at people for hair and make-up. Going bridesmaid dress shopping too but already know the dresses I want to get - just hope they like them!!

xx

• M
    Beginner February 2011
    Mrs Meehan ·
    • Hide content

I know! Mostly but haven't found a band yet. That is the next thing. Got bridesmaid dresses and shoes, dresses just need to be altered now. We're not having a videographer, was going to but it's just not in the budget. My mum said she knows someone to do my hair?! I'm doing my own make-up, I'm a bit creative and I've just done a make-up diploma! Just hope I'm not shaking too much, ha ha. So what are the bridesmaid dresses like? Ours are teal xx

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    Mrs_N*_2b ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like you are all sorted! I don't know any bands I'm afraid to recommend. I can't decide re videographer, like you bit out of the budget but am so unsure will probably regret it if I don't have one.

Excellent, re make-up. You should start up a wedding business, some charge an absolute fortune!

Dresses are black with ivory sash. I just loved them when I saw them. For our nieces they are ivory with black sash, they will look so cute ?

I love teal. Will go well with your other colours!

xx

• M
    Beginner February 2011
    Mrs Meehan ·
    • Hide content

We have been recommended one that is playing in a couple of weeks so hopefully that will be it and we won't have to search too hard ? I know, I'm gonna ask people to bring camcorders and hope for the best!

I really do want to start a wedding business! Doing my NVQ next. Oh lovely, I like how the dresses are opposites like that. I'm obsessed with being by the sea so bluey green is my fave, he he xx

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

Mrs M! where abouts in Essex are you - I could do with a make up artist who doesn't charge a bomb!

• M
    Beginner February 2011
    Mrs Meehan ·
    • Hide content

I'm in Hornchurch. How about you? x

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    MARBELLA BELLE ·
    • Hide content

Im having pianist play amazed by lonestar as i walk down the aisle and then all you need is love as we leave the ceremony... cheesy!!!!

if you go on google and put in - marcelo and jane wedding - it will bring up a couples wedding on you tube at friern manor - its actually the couple in the brochure at the moment , i love her dress to xxxxxx

• M
    Beginner February 2011
    Mrs Meehan ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh brilliant, thanks for that. Looking for more now! xx

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    MARBELLA BELLE ·
    • Hide content

I am bridezilla!!! i really enjoyed watching that wedding and i dont even know them!! hahaha

• M
    Beginner February 2011
    Mrs Meehan ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha! I'm terrible at watching ceremonies, my eyes well up at Don't Tell the Bride! One of my best friends is getting married next sat so that is gonna be a weep fest, haha

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    MARBELLA BELLE ·
    • Hide content

I love dont tell the bride and four weddings!!!!

im going to go back to friern manor for another look around on my own tomm ( without the wedding planner)

looking at summer 2012

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

I am meeting with them tomorrow to look round at Friern Manor!! Also going to look at Orsett Hall and Crondon Park....

Hopefully I can book soon!!

We want to get married in May 2012 Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    MARBELLA BELLE ·
    • Hide content

Let us know how you get on !!!

• M
    Beginner February 2011
    Mrs Meehan ·
    • Hide content

Good luck girls!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

99% sure we are going to book Friern Manor after looking today - loved it!! Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    MARBELLA BELLE ·
    • Hide content

What time did you go? i went back and had another look and i did book it!!! it was worth going back for us to have a second look as we are having the house for ceremony and reception and last week it had so many chairs in it looked to small but this week it only had 50 and it just looked bigger and felt so right!!

What part did you choose??

xxx

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

We went at Midday - we want to book the house for the ceremony and reception as well ?

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    MARBELLA BELLE ·
    • Hide content

We must have seen you there!! we got ther about 12.45!!!

how many people are you having?

are you going to look at some more venues before you decide?

x

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

Ah must have been - did you go and have a look round while we were finishing with Valerie??

We have about 80 for the day and 120 for evening.

We were meant to look round another in the afternoon but decided not to, so we are decided now, just wanted to sleep on it first rather than make a decision on the spot

What date did you book?? x

• gemgems
    Beginner
    gemgems ·
    • Hide content

I got married at Friern Manor (5 years ago now lol).

We had the house in August for our wedding and reception.

If your getting married there then they do the ceremony in the conservatory part of the house and the guests sit in the marquee. The food is served in the marquee with all the tables then of an evening they put in a long table for the buffett with plenty of seating out there. There is also plenty of seating in the house. The DJ and dance floor is also situated in the house.

I would get married there again tomorrow as we had such a wonderful day ?

Also, I had my hen night there with their cabaret and it was soooo funny would recommend that as well (we also go back every year for our xmas do lol).

I hope you all have lovely wedding days wherever you get married.

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    MARBELLA BELLE ·
    • Hide content

Yes that was us! took my partners parents with us this time and they really liked it there to.

we booked friday 27 july 2012

Are you going to go back and book?

x

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    MARBELLA BELLE ·
    • Hide content

Gemgems , Thats so good to hear from someone who has had the reception in the house and marquee!! As it is hard at first to work out if the layout will work.

You must tell us everything about your wedding now?

what did you have to eat , did you have the evening buffett?

did you have there own dj , as a dj is so important , i want everyone up dancing!!!!

XXX

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

Ah I thought it must have been as didnt think there would be many more appointments because of the wedding going on.

I called them this morning to hold the date for Saturday 19th May 2012

We are going back on 12/09 to pay deposit etc and show family! x

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    MARBELLA BELLE ·
    • Hide content

Maybe that wasnt us , we didnt have an appt , they said we could just go at the weekends at 12 anytime to look around, so you may hve seen us wandering around the grounds!

are you going to have the pianist ? 2012 seems so far away but i cant help but plan stuff!!!!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

I think we will - such a nice touch. I want to hear what he can play etc though

Looking forward to Jan when we get to taste test the menu!

I dont know what else I can do this early.....!! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics