Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2017

Essex brides please help

MrsMerritt2Be, 26 of September of 2015 at 20:59 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi were getting married at Langton House, Hornchurch, Essex. Now I am on the hunt for a wedding reception.

I am happy for a nice hotel, or a nice venue without accommodation but can't seem to find any that aren't through mega expensive.

Essex brides please help xx

4 replies

Latest activity by RomanticYellowCars442, 22 of November of 2015 at 13:00
  • kelsielowphotography
    kelsielowphotography ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsMerritt2Be,

I'm a creative wedding photographer in Essex and although its roughly 30 minutes from your ceremony venue, Gaynes Park in Epping is beautiful Smiley smile http://www.gaynespark.co.uk

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hi welcome to hitched. I'm Essex but not lived here long and marrying abroad so not much help. We did look at parklands quendon hall once and it's lovely but not sure if it's too expensive. How many guests. What about searching golf clubs, restaurants or barns. I'm sure there a lot of barns.

• B
    Beginner February 2016
    BearFeb2016 ·
    • Hide content

Any particular type of venue you are looking for?

I LOVE gaynes park- i was going to get married there once upon a time so couldn't opt for that venue this time round! it's also pretty pricey.

There's quite a few golf club type venues (from memory) about a 15-20 minute drive from Hornchurch that if i remember right do some good deals.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I was going to say parklands quendon hall just for your reception like someone else said, will have a think and get back to you ?

• R
    Beginner February 2017
    RomanticYellowCars442 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married and having our reception at The Reid Rooms in Margaret Roding, which is lovely and not too expensive. We also really liked Gaynes Park but the catering costs were more than we were happy to pay and you can't bring your own caterers, which you can at The Reid Rooms.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics