Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

goldpants
Beginner May 2014

Essex Wedding Venue - Vaulty Manor

goldpants, 28 June, 2012 at 18:17 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all - first and most definitely not the last post from me!!

After receiving 72 wedding venue brochures for essex through the post, me and h2b decided we wanted to view 8 of them. We have just seen the last of the 8 today and in our mind there is one clear winner.

Vaulty Manor in Maldon was the prettiest, brightest barn, made me say "wow" as i drove up the driveway and kept me talking a squealing the hwole way home about how perfect it was. Plus with accommodation on site and a bridal suite, no corkage charges and four catering choices it ticked all the boxes.

Since our viewing none of the other places have compared for us (and we have seen some beautiful places) but there are one or two dodgy reviews on the internet about the cleanliness of the accom from guests who've stayed there and bar prices through the roof. There are also many many fantastic reviews... but to be honest I cant find much that is recent.

I've read everything there is to read about Vaulty Manor online, which is a little mixed - I was wondering if any fellow b2bs have been there for a wedding/ considered it themselves.

I was gutted to see complaints... but my guests are quite easy to please and not the least bit snobbery or expectant.

Have booked a second viewing next week to discuss my angst with the lady who owns it - i really hope she puts my mind at ease and then we can finally set a date!!!!

thanks for listening!!

Nikki xxxxxx

7 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 23 June, 2014 at 00:54
  • B
    Beginner May 2014
    bainestubb1205 ·
    • Hide content

I can't offer much help with the actual venue but would just say that everyone is different and has different expectations. I have been to restuarants, hotels and various other places (not just for weddings) that have had terrible reviews, but have found that i couldn't find fault. Also I've been places that others have raved about but have hated and certainly wouldn't go to again.

Some people you just can't please, and to be honest it's what you want and think that matters. I'm sure when you talk to the owner all your worries will be cleared up for you.

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

WSS. Some people will always complain. Whenever I go anywhere for the first time, I'll look it up on t'interweb and generally head straight for the bad reviews. I always put these in context, though, with the number of positives and try to think .... proportionally, how many more people are likely to leave a review if they're unhappy than if they're happy? I figure that for every one bad review there may be 2 others that don't like it, whereas for every one good review, there's probably ten to twenty that had a lovely time, but because there was nothing to complain about, didn't bother to spend the time writing about it!

Unless you guests are a complete snob-fest (which you kinda imply they're not) then they'll be happy to be there with YOU on YOUR day and as long as the accommodation is of a general standard, that'll be good enough. Quite frankly, if people have enough time during a wedding to get the white gloves on and check every nook and cranny for a speck of dust, then they're wasting valuable drinking time ?

• EPW Photography (HIB)
    EPW Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nikki

I don't know about the guests rooms as I haven't stayed there but I just thought you might want to hear that I have photographed many weddings there and the staff have always been lovely and i haven't noticed the place to be dirty. And it is an amazing venue for photos, the field makes an amazing background.

Good luck!

Evelyne x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

It is a fact that more people will complain about something than give due credit. Those that complain will find small detail and often over blow it. Vaulty is a decent venue. If it ticks your boxes, I would recommend booking it before your date goes and someone else grabs it.

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone thank you so much for the advice - after visiting the venue again this week i loved it just as much, got all the answers I needed and we have decided to book it! Smiley laugh Always trust your gut feeling Smiley smile

YIpppeeeeeee!!

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    Laurenmariedavies1986 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I have just paid a deposit for my wedding at Vaulty Manor only to be advised by family members that there are bad reviews! I can see you got married there this year and I would love to know how it went! My email address is *********************@*****.**.**

I am feel quiet worried and hope you can reassure me you had a wonderful day!!

Thank You

Xx

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Lauren, my wedding was one month ago and I can say in every way possible... Vaulty Manor was an amazing wedding venue and were perfection from beginning to end.

I cannot express how surprised I was at their brilliance after bracing myself after seeing such reviews.

Please please rest assured they are 100% professional on the day. Any questions dont hesitate to ask Smiley smile

My wedding report is coming soon, my god I love Vaulty! x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Pretty close to the venue is a fishing/yachting village with wooden huts. They would make a truly interesting location for some wedding shots if you could spare the time on the day..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics