Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner April 2016

ESTA & travelling in new name on honeymoon. Confused!

*Nik*, 16 of December of 2015 at 08:08 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 1

H2B and I are off to america for our honeymoon next year. I have already booked tickets etc. In my new name as I am planning to change my passport (currently sorting out the paperwork) but I am a bit confused by the ESTA process.

Do I put my current name or new name in when applying? If my current name is it ok just to bring my marriage certificate when travelling to show proof of name? I have also read elsewhere that someone did the application once married in their new name. Do I have to wait till we are married? How long does the application take to be approved?

TIA

1 replies

Latest activity by Arabella16, 25 of December of 2015 at 10:27
  • Hydeschnucke
    Beginner May 2018
    Hydeschnucke ·
    • Hide content

Your best bet would be to contact the embassy and ask I'd say.

• A
    Beginner May 2016
    Arabella16 ·
    • Hide content

The approval is pretty much instant provided there is nothing that might flag "suspicion" - according to the US. I only hold a British passport and was born in the UK, with a job in a Bank, and it was instant approval online. They recommend doing it a couple of days before travel just in case of questions, but mine and the OH (same story as me) both went straight through so you don't have to do it ages in advance. Key thing is DONT get conned into paying more via a third party - only use the official homeland security website and it should cost about £15ish (can't remember exactly, but not the £50 other scam sites charge). If you google 'ESTA scam websites' you will see loads of news articles about the fake ones so don't get caught out xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics