Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner October 2015

eternity ring as wedding ring?

elvira-darkside, 27 of January of 2015 at 07:47 Posted on Planning 0 16

All the rings i really love are eternity bands! every time i look, im besotted by a white gold band set with emeralds. i know it isnt traditional, but does it matter too much? id rather pay for a ring i love, than have a traditional wedding band just for the sake of it.

16 replies

Latest activity by Paul & Dawn, 27 of January of 2015 at 20:31
  • chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

Ive decided on a eternity ring, i dont like the way a plain band looks with my engagemenet ring, not chosen the exact one yet but i know its the style that i love.

Go with whatever you love

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

Go with what you love! Just because it's not 'traditional' doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Pay for the ring you love and then you'll never regret it.

• snow bride
    Beginner June 2016
    snow bride ·
    • Hide content

Go with what you love!!

My ring won't be a traditional wedding ring but I don't care, I love it!!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

It doesn't matter. Mine is technically an eternity ring but it was the only one that looked decent with my ER and I loved it.

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

My ring is a half eternity (diamonds don't go all the way around), I much prefer the eternity rings to the more traditional bands too. I plan on wearing it for the rest of my life, so I made sure I loved it!

x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

A ring is a ring is a ring...what determines if it is an ER, WR, Eternity ring is the function it is given to. That you have a band of precious metal set with precious stones that is given on your wedding day makes it your wedding ring. In years gone by a WR was a plain band but now we have more freedoms and choices. A friend of mine has a diamond and emerald ring for her wedding ring...so go do what makes you happy. The ring is what marks your marriage and is with yu for a long long time, hopefully life, so it should be what you want, nothing else.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

As all the girls above have said, go for it! If you make it your wedding ring, then it's a wedding ring! Smiley smile

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

Definitely buy what YOU want to wear!!

My engagement ring is actually a wedding band; people keep saying to me 'oh, that's not an engagement ring'! but it is to me! It's a band with a strip of diamonds. My WR will be a plain band. Get what YOU like x

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Have the ring you love. My WR is more like an engagement ring and will have to be worn on its own. I love rings and will have no problem in sometimes wearing my wedding ring, sometimes my ER, sometimes one of my dress rings from my extensive collection. Don't be tied by convention, I repeat, have the ring you love.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

It's more common than you think. Lots of ladies like a bit more colour now, and it gives you the option to have a bit of bling if you dont always wear your engagement ring.

Ultimately, its up to you. But I like it.

• F
    Beginner January 1999
    friskyfox88 ·
    • Hide content

I picked an 'eternity ring' for my wedding ring without even realising it. It was only when I looked at the receipt that I noticed it was described as an eternity ring. For something this personal you should definitely go with instinct over tradition!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Have the ring you love! My ring is a traditional wedding ring, but my H can't wear metal for work so his ring is made of a special clay that looks like metal - it cost the huge sum of £25.

• MrsWarland2b
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsWarland2b ·
    • Hide content

At the end of it all this is the one thing that will constantly remind you of your day!

You should have what you want and not let the thought of it not being traditional get in your way!

You should choose what makes you feel the best and if an eternity ring is what you like well I guess you will have an eternity ring as a wedding band.

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all! thats me decided then. ooooh the choices!!

• millbankandkent
    millbankandkent ·
    • Hide content

One thing to consider when purchasing an eternity ring as your wedding band (stones that go round the whole ring) is that they are near impossible to change the size of.

I have been married 15 years and have had my wedding band made smaller twice. I also have a beautiful eternity ring that the jeweller informed my husband would need to be remade by them if I needed a smaller or larger one in the future due to the diamonds running round the whole ring. This may be due to the design of the ring as the diamonds are tightly packed but something worth asking when purchasing.

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

Good point! think a half one will be better for me then. my fingers fluctuate massively through seasons and weight changes.

• Paul & Dawn
    Beginner July 2015
    Paul & Dawn ·
    • Hide content

I thought I'd have a traditional wedding ring but then I fell in love with a half eternity and it looks amazing with my engagement ring! I just don't really suit the plain bands so I know I'd always regret it if I had one!

Dawn

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics