Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2016

Eternity ring instead of wedding band?

MellieMoo, 31 of October of 2014 at 19:06 Posted on Planning 0 9

My engagement ring is very simple, just yellow gold with one small, square cut diamond. i absolutely love it but would like something a bit more sparkly on my finger so was thinking of having an eternity ring instead of the traditional wedding band. Something like this http://www.brilliance.com/sites/default/files/rings/diamond-eternity-wedding-ring-yellow-gold-details-1_0.jpg

I don't really know the etiquette of rings. Would it go or not, and does it have to be gold?

9 replies

Latest activity by pammy67, 3 of November of 2014 at 09:12
  • M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

If you wanted something more sparkly you can have some very sparkly wedding rings Smiley smile.

My engagement ring is a stone surrounded by diamonds set in the band - so i've bought my wedding ring to match with diamonds set in the band.

Bit elaborate but I'm training to be a nurse so i will rarely get to wear my engagement ring so i got a blingy wedding ring haha.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, pretty :-) I definitely think that would work! It isn't that different to my wedding ring, diamonds set in it, so why not? My engagement ring is probably the more unconventional of my two rings. I don't think we're as bound by tradition anymore. The only thing is to make sure the metals are the same so you don't risk one affecting the other. go for what makes you happy!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

If that's what you want, then go for it. My wedding ring is a really ornate vine design with lots of sparkly diamonds. There's no rule that says your wedding ring has to be a plain band anymore.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    Milly_Bride ·
    • Hide content

I've seen 'wedding ring's that look exactly like eternity bands, not sure what the difference is really! Mine will probably be an eternity band as I want it to include topaz to match my engagement ring Smiley smile

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I think your wedding ring can be exactly what you want. Most people look at mine and assume my engagement ring is my wedding ring as it is larger and isnt a traditional solitaire but a band. It doesnt bother me. I love my rings just as they are ?

• S
    Simply Ceremonies Uk ·
    • Hide content

I work for Smooch rings in my spare time and have had loads of brides choose half eternity style bands as their wedding ring.

Its interesting to see all the lovely engagement rings out there are generally enhanced with a band of tiny diamonds although plain bands work well too.

Have fun choosing x

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My wedding ring is technically an eternity ring but a plain one didn't look right at all with my engagement ring.

Have whatever ring looks best and makes you happy!

• M
    Beginner July 2016
    MellieMoo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies you've really made me feel better about it Smiley smile

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Any ring, no matter what metal, stones or name it might be given becomes your engagement, wedding or eternity ring if that's what you choose to wear it as - simple as. Have the ring you want to be your wedding ring. In the past the tradition was for a plain metal band, usually yellow gold, then fashions brought in white gold, now platinum etc. The addition of diamonds to wedding rings is becoming very popular but at the end of the day, it's put on your finger on your wedding day so it is your wedding ring. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics