Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Storky
Beginner May 2011

Eternity rings

Storky, 25 November, 2011 at 09:30

Posted on Off Topic Posts 53

Are you going to have one (have you already got one?)? If so, what is the occasion it will mark? I always thought they were given to celebrate the birth of your first child but I've no idea where I've picked up that little nugget. Husband and I went to an event last night and I chose mine as well as...

Are you going to have one (have you already got one?)? If so, what is the occasion it will mark? I always thought they were given to celebrate the birth of your first child but I've no idea where I've picked up that little nugget.

Husband and I went to an event last night and I chose mine as well as getting to wear some absolutely beautiful diamonds. All I need now is to substantially increase my bank account...

Anyone up for a bit of bank robbing this weekend?!

53 replies

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lovely that you got to have your nan there by virtue of her ring being there, but I have no one to pass mine on to, unless little T gets engaged and would like it as his ring.

OH only wears a simple chain and a watch (and will be wearing a WR)

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I think being pregnant is worse than giving birth . It's a gorgeous ring CB , I like the first anniversary idea , I want a black pearl bracelet and think the receipt will be just fine as the paper bit !

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I love black pearls - very elegant!

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

I heard it was on the birth of your first child too. OH bought me an eternity ring years ago (can't remember when but it was before we had kids) as we weren't intending on getting engaged or married. I wore it all the time but I've gone off it now as it doesn't go with my ER. TBH I don't think I'll end up getting one as three rings on my stubby little fingers won't look right IMO. I'm after a sparkly wedding ring for that very reason too ?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My will states that my engagement ring is to be passed down to my daughter and my wedding ring to be passed to my husband and then my son (or just to my son if I outlive my hubby). If I get an eternity ring, I would add a line saying that I would want it passed on to my son's oldest daughter or to my daughter's if he doesn't have any girls. If neither of them do, it would be passed on to my daughter.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

❤️ the ring CB

i had heard ER was for 1st baby's but also heard diamond earrings for first babies too! (my Best mate got those) my mum had to wait 17 years for her eternity ring as dad said "it now feels like an eternity" lol

I dont think i'm going to get one (no plans for babies for us) so I picked a wedding ring with some diamonds too

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's lovely idea Mooey. My wedding ring was my nans wedding ring, she had an accident so was no longer able to wear it so she asked me if I would like it. It's my most treasured possession.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

My previous H bought me an eternity ring after 6 years of marriage . But in retrospect I think it was a guilt thing Smiley sad

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

Even though I love the bling, I was keen to have a band as a wedding ring as that is more traditional and then I just added a few diamonds dotted on to it. I would love an eternity ring and currently wear my grandmothers on my other hand. I have a very short distance from the base of my finger to the bend in my finger so canot fit three rings on which is a bit of a pain but should hubby decide to grace me with one then i am sure I would find somewhere for it! It looks like we cannot have children ☹️ so I guess there will be no fixed time as such to buy one. I love the one in your pic CB, that would be my style.. Is it Tiffany?

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I too have teeny fingers L size. I purposfully chose thin engagement and wedding bands so I would have room for some more bling! I have told OH that I want it for birth of first child. If I am pushing something out with a head as big as his, I will need rewarding!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's massive to me!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nope, I'm not keen on the 6 pronged thing they do. The picture I've flashed is a De Beers one.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ive heard this before but all so a first wedding anniversary!

• M
    Beginner January 2007
    mrslf ·
    • Hide content

I got my Eternity Ring for our first wedding anniversary, it matches my engagement ring exactly and I love it.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I have seen the EtR I want...its from Tiffany and has Aquamarines the same as my ER;

I thought EtR were given on the birth of your first child. As we are not having children I have told MrMini that I will accept it at any time Smiley smile

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

Mini - I love that ring - beautiful!

I would like a sapphire (obviously) eternity ring at some point in the future but probably not after giving birth to our first child - not the best time to buy expensive pieces of jewellery, imo.

I already have diamonds on my w ring but I don't have an engagement ring at all so I think I deserve one more...

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I really want one to complete my rings - I have my WR shaped around my ER and think an eternity ring wrapped around the other side of the diamond would be pefect.

I have diamonds around my WR, but not solidly, hence leaving the option for the eternity ring. Mr LM is very aware of the expectation, and knows that when I remove my rings during pregnancy, he needs to take them off to the jewellers to get my third and final ring made.

I'd like something like this:

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love it too! Needs to be shaped to fit around my ER so will not be cheap!

My wedding ring is full of bling as well- am not the footballers wives type (despite the nails) but I do love some sparkles Smiley smile

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

Wow I'm shocked at the ammount of other people with size I fingers.

When i visit jewellers i always feel like a freak! They make a huge point of telling me this is NOT a standard adult size. It looks even worse coz my hands and fingers r so long!
    My hands r longer than my H2B's! I HATE them!

I dont suit chunky rings. Due to the shape of my ER i'm going to wear that on my right hand and only wear 1 ring on my finger and get a wedding ring (prob bout 3mm) with a bit of bling so I dont feel like i'm missing out!

x

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I thought they were to get off H when you have your first child. Il prolly get one in the future but dont know when. Im too fussed as my WR is rather eternity ring like, with diamonds in it. And my ER is such a peculiar shape i doubt it would go with it, so would have to wear on another finger.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Misssus S - you could wear your etenity ring above your WR? I kno some people do - but I am guessing you'd still need it to be made and shaped?

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Yeah and i think it might just look like iv got 2 WR or 2 eternity rings as my WR is very much like an eternity ring. Damn it iv done myself out of a ring here havent i? ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics