Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2012

Etrop Grange Hotel - Cheshire - Anything????

LexieSJ, 19 September, 2011 at 13:10 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hiya All!

Just a quick one to see if anyone has either had their wedding here or been to a wedding here?

Am in 2 minds about this place, have heard both really good things but also not great things - if anyone could help me out that woudl be great

xx

12 replies

Latest activity by aprilbride, 23 September, 2011 at 12:43
  • DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content

The name sounded familiar to me and when I did a google search for it I realised why. It was on an episode of dont tell the bride. The couple were Sean and Laura. If you do a search you can find their pictures. You might still be able to watch it on bbc iplayer too.

Other than that I don't know anything about it, sorry.

• abbijay
    Beginner October 2011
    abbijay ·
    • Hide content

They offered us a free meal for enquiring so it may be worth having that and having a look!

I haven't been there in about 20 years but it's very conveniently located if you've got lots of guests travelling, the airport is about 2 miles away!

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

I have done venue dressing there a few times,its family run and I have always found the staff to be really welcoming and friendly, they seem to be very enthusiastic about the hotel,and service is good. My last Bride was really pleased with everything.

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

I've stayed there but not been to a wedding there. It was a lovely venue xx

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

The OH brother got married @ quarrybank mill few years ago and they stayed at this hotel as it was close by. I remember the hotel rooms were very dated.

When we were looking for venues we went to have a look around and we ruled it out because it wasnt disable friendly.

Also another thing that put us off was that ( I think it was AVIS) rent a car used up 2/3 of the carpark with their hire cars so parking was very limited.

There is also very little outdoor space for photographs.

But inside the functions rooms were lovely!

Its personal choice though Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    LexieSJ ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies.

I remember seeing that Don't Tell The Bride episode and the narrator was less than complimentary about the place, however they always seem to put down the place the groom chooses - just to try and stir!

My main concern is about the car park - it is a gorgeous building but has very little outside space (mainly car park) And obviously if teh Avis use it as a car parking facility I imagine it will be pretty busy.

I was asking as I have actually booked my venue but was in 2 minds about this place as well, it is not that cheap either so thought the food and service must have been amazing.

Thanks anyway...... maybe use it for my next wedding! Lol!

• Etrop Grange Hotel
    Etrop Grange Hotel ·
    • Hide content

I've just joined the team here at The Etrop Grange Hotel. Our Sales Manager got married here about 2 months ago, the wedding was absolutely lovely. The hotel function suites are lovely and the garden space is perfect for photos. The majority of our bedrooms have been refurbished and there are only a handful that have yet to be softly re-furbished.

The car park isn't used by Avis or any other car rental place. For all our guests who leave their cars before going on holiday, their cars are taken off site so this does make more space in the car park. We will always make room for wedding guests coming to the hotel in the car.

The "Don't Tell the Bride" episode was actually filmed on a Wednesday, and on that date we did have a particularly busy conference in on that day. And yes unfortunately the programme did pick at a lot of things, to try and make the episode more entertaining to viewers.

We'd love to invite you and your fiance to the hotel for a wedding menu taster, complimentary of the hotel. Also we have a Wedding Open Day coming up on Saturday 8th October between 12pm and 4pm, so you can view the venue and speak to our wedding co-ordinator. Some of our local suppliers like venue dressers and florists will also be at the open day.

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can you confirm that this was the case back in March - dont want the other users thinking im a liar - thanks!

• Etrop Grange Hotel
    Etrop Grange Hotel ·
    • Hide content

The hotel does have a collection and drop off point for Thrifty, so perhaps you might have seen one of their vans here.

Other airport hotels in the area charge between £8 - £10 per day for car parking and ours in complimentary so in the past we've had a few cheeky people leaving their car behind. However we have much more stricter policies on car parking now and is monitored closely to make sure only guests are parking here.

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No we didnt see a van there we just saw a lot of cars. A man came out and said we werent allowed to park in the bay we were revsering into as it was 'reserved' for the car hire cars....

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    LexieSJ ·
    • Hide content

Thanks evry much for the offer of 'awedding menu taster' - I have actually chosen and confirmed my venue now so there will be no need for this.

I did however speak to someone last night who actually had their wedding at Etrop Grange in August last year, she was very complimentary about the place and said that she had had an amazing day and gave the following feedback (for your info and other hitchers that are condering it)

Good Points:

Function room was lovely - perfect size for 70 wedding breakfast guests

Terrace area was fantastic for arrival drinks

Food was apparently exceptional (especially when you consider they were catering for 70+ people)

Gentleman that was there on the actual day to organise and supervise was brilliant

Friendly and attentive staff

Only one wedding held on each day so never a chance of bumping into another bride!

Bedrooms - stayed in the bridal suite which she said was gorgeous

Bad Points:

The Car Park - is very busy and she did say there wa some sort of cabin/external room (she didnt know how best to explain it to me!) for a car rental place there?? Now although you say this is not the case - my friend did say that there was no problem with parking for guests on the actual day even though every time she visited the car park appeared to be full? Mystery!

• A
    Beginner April 2012
    aprilbride ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married there next april ?! Im in love with the place as my friend who is a photographer has done a few weddings there and its always looked very nice. I have however gone for a package and im getting a little concerned that im paying more than others there for what im getting. We do intend visiting the venue to discuss this soon though. Apart from the little money issue im happy with everything there and the rooms are all lovely. The wall inbetween the 2 rooms has also been removed to be open plan for the evening time. I do agree the grounds are small but it still makes for stunning pics. The episode of dont tell the bride they did there was the reason we booked it?< as me and H2B prior to getting engaged watched it and loved it, so when we got engaged we went to look along with various other places and loved it more. Hopefully i can add a report after my wedding there saying how amazing it was?.

• A
    Beginner April 2012
    aprilbride ·
    • Hide content

Concern over! As mentioned in my previous post I had a little concern about the costings. Well I need not have even bothered to worry. I called Etrop up and voiced my small issue and was told I would get a call back from the manager. Well what can I say other than what a lovely person John is to deal with and wish all involved with our wedding was as understanding and caring. He put my mind at rest as to my concern and has even offered us a lovely extra on our wedding day compliments of Etrop Grange. So my perfect wedding at Etrop is getting better and the moral of the story - Just another reason why we chose this amazing venue?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics