Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Strippy2011
Beginner June 2011

Eugh Dissertation is killing me!! :(

Strippy2011, 26 March, 2011 at 16:17 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

Someone please save me before I go insane...

12 replies

Latest activity by *Mini*, 1 April, 2011 at 08:24
  • crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

the best i could do Smiley smile

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

LOL - Thanks for that it made me laugh! I seem to be powering on with the blooming thing though so its not too bad I suppose Smiley smile x

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

Good news - Ive done 8000 of it now have 2000 left and 3 chapters to finish off

bad news...I then have a 4000 assignment left lol

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

That makes you half way there and if that doesn't deserve a celebratory drink I don't know what does! What are you studying? my workload last year of uni was similar. I promise you that once you see your dissertation bound and you hand it over you feel relief!!

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

How's it going?

I used to plan in treats for reaching targets, eg finish a chapter watch half hour of TV, or have a bath and so on, it makes it more bearable knowing you have a littl reward coming.

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

I'm studying Youth and community work - and its a 10,000 word count on how young women view the influence of magazines on their body image issues - so looking at the size 0 phenomenon etc!!

I can't wait to finish it though!! I have a 4000 word assignment to do too on managing people, in which I'm focusing on the role of supervision. I just have to knuckle down and knock a load out else I never get it done lol. I have to do the analysis and the conclusion and just finish off the methodology...WOO HOO - but once thats done I then have to do a 6 week placement otherwise I dont graduate! Not that the ceremony is going to be any good - the uni have totally screwed us over Smiley sad Boo lol xx

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Dissertation and an essay thats a lot of words to find though your dissertation sounds really interesting. (But I am a geeky girl, with far to many opinions). Why won't graduation be any good? I have been to 3 and they pretty much seem to follow the same format how can they spoil it?

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

The uni have changed the location, cancelled our grad ball, changed the date, and said we are allowed no more than 2 guests at graduation where in the past 200 years in which they have been running, people have been allowed up to 5 guests...the uni aren't listening to us, so sod em! I refuse to pay £10 each for my guests JUST to come to the ceremony, £10 for each guest to have nibbles and then another £10 per guest for a programme - on top of the £50 they want for the gown hire, £50 they want for 2 photos and what do I get for ALL that money PLUS the money i've shelled out to go to their rubbish uni anyway?! A bit of paper saying that I have a degree...No thanks!! Smiley sad

And its not too bad at 10,000 really thought it would be but the word count soon goes lol. And the essay should be okay...hopefully! lol x

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Wow, not surprised your fed up with them. I am not surprised by the number of guests, all the graduations i have been to it's been 2 only and then you can apply for extras but paying for the program is insane. If it makes you feel any better I think everyone pays for their own gown and hat hire, are your photos compulsory? I didn't bother with offical ones as they always cost a fortune.

If it helps, think of all you have achieved while you have been there. Ahh I find word limits are never long enough I had to edited my PhD thesis brutally to reach the word limit.

Good Luck

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

Oh yeah I know what other unis do - but the issue i am having with them is that they changed it all a month ago - so we were being told we were allowed up to 5 - first 2 free pay for the others which is fair enough, I mean I would pay for all 5 of my guests if they were allowed to see me graduate and now they're telling us we are allowed 2 ONLY! That means that we can't even take others with us and they stand around outside waiting... Smiley sad. Yeah I know everyone pays for their own gown, but (and I dont know if this applies to other unis) but were paying £50 for an hour, and then have to give it to some one else to wear in to their ceremony - GRR!! lol.

Yeah - I know I should be thinking more about what I have achieved but I wanted to look forward to my graduation in the last stretch, but now I dont Smiley sad Ive been excited about it for 2 years and now I just dont care Smiley sad Booo at uni!! lol x

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Give it to someone else?? thats shicking I at least kepy mine all morning infact people kept theirs for most of the day! and definately uni is out of line if they only changed at the last min, I am still astounded they are charging for programs.

If I were you I would plan a special meal or picnic (if weather is good) to enjoy post graduation with your uni friends or family, that way you can all still enjoy but you don't have to give the uni money

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I know right! How sodding ridiculous!!

Yeah - well its the costs to get people down for graduation too like dad lives in telford, and mum doesnt drive so would have to get public transport down for it :/

I think ill just go for dinner, its not like I wont get the degree - I just wont be at the ceremony lol x

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I worte my dissertaion on pretty much the same thing, 10,000 words on women and body imagine in the theatre and dance.

I graduated 7 years ago and I still have anxiety nightmares that I have to write my dissertation again....I feel your pain. If its any consolation I wrote mine in a month [obvs had done all the reserch before but actually sitting down and writing it] and still got a 2:1, im sure you will be fine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics