Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ooh la la
Beginner August 2013

Eurovision Song Contest

ooh la la, 16 of May of 2009 at 19:42

Posted on Off Topic Posts 355

Will anyone be watching tonight? I may be subjecting my OH to it as payback for him polishing his car ALL day!

Will anyone be watching tonight?

I may be subjecting my OH to it as payback for him polishing his car ALL day!

355 replies

• AllyDrew
    Beginner May 2007
    AllyDrew ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Moldova were fab! We had a rather impromptu eurovision party, and our very scientific voting system put Iceland first and Norway 2nd (he lost points for his appalling eyebrows)

• alleroo
    Beginner January 2007
    alleroo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As a third generation family member I can confirm that we've been here a fair few years in Sheffield too.

I have a report written back in the 1980s about Polish immigration, and it suggests that working in the steel industry or the mines was fairly common for Poles so I guess this may have had a lot to do with how large an established community there seems to be in Yorkshire

• Mr JK
    Beginner
    Mr JK ·
    • Hide content

There have also been very long-established links between Poland and Scotland - a combination of shipbuilding, Catholicism and the fact that large chunks of the Polish Army were stationed there during World War II. Current estimates suggest that Scotland's Polish population is between 40 and 50,000.

• Eda001
    Beginner July 2003
    Eda001 ·
    • Hide content

I liked Moldova, Azerbaijan and Turkey (ok, bit biased with that one). Cheesy europop is the way to go. Far more entertaining than serious ballads.

Norway's song was catchy and got stuck in your head but he was far too smug for my liking.

We had a fab party and I'm now gutted it's all over for another year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics