Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2016

Evening Buffet Food

Apey, 25 of January of 2015 at 16:07 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi everyone Smiley smile

We are meeting with our caterer in February to discuss menu planning (very exciting!)

I'm looking for inspiration for evening buffet food!

At the moment we are set on having a cheese board with bread, grapes crackers and chutney.

Other 'proper food' ideas we've had are:

- Mini fish and chips with mushy peas (maybe have scampi? - but if it is exclusively fish and chips, this limits vegetarians)
- Pizzas (although some family members can't eat cheese which excludes a lot of the buffet!)-
- Fruit bowl

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them Smiley smile Things that would be good for vegetarians and feel fresh/healthy would be welcome too xx

9 replies

Latest activity by Melanie, 6 of October of 2021 at 17:09
  • Pam @ Beauti
    Pam @ Beauti ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Im vegeterian and also dont eat cheese so would be great to see some ideas on here maybe i could pick up some recipes Smiley smile

Regards

Pam x

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

How about some falafel and humus with pitta, pasta salad or greek salad for vegetarians?

We're having mini cheeseburgers, bruschetta, pierogi (Polish dish), jerk chicken (Jamaican dish) and our cake.

x

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    Aquiescence* ·
    • Hide content

We are trying to do the evening buffet as cheaply and as DIY as possible so planning a cheese board (or cheese wedding cake!) with crackers, bread, fruit and chutneys. We will also probably do some cold meats for those who don't eat cheese, and as far as I know there are no vegans coming. Our caterer is doing 3 or 4 huge bowls of salads. There will also be wedding cake. I would like to see anyone elses ideas for cheap DIYable food - that doesn't need to be heated!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a hog roast with a veggie option. What about salads, pasta salad? Greek salad? Couscous? Dips with pitta bread? Olives?

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Depending on your tastes/season you get married in:

- Vietnamese summer rolls (vegan & gluten free if just using veggies) with sweet chilli or a peanut dipping sauce

- Veggie samosas or spring rolls

- Quiche with any of the following tomato/regular cheese/goats cheese/spinach/egg/bacon/asparagus/onion

- Chicken drum sticks with BBQ sauce, tikka, honey-soy

- Chicken satay skewers

- Fruit skewers with dipping chocolate sauce

- cous cous salad

- tabbouleh

- Mushroom pate

• Marie
    Savvy October 2021 Nottinghamshire
    Marie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have a look on Morrison’s food to order there’s ideas on there
  • Littlemy
    Dedicated April 2022 Kent
    Littlemy ·
    • Hide content
    We are having a hog roast (veggie option) and salads followed by wedding cake and dessert table. Ideally I would of had pizza!
  • John
    Beginner July 2022 East Central London
    John ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's ambitious! I went to a wedding recently that had a sort of sandwich bar set up with pulled pork and something else. You can bet I went back a few times for a pulled pork sandwich!

• M
    Beginner September 2021 South East London
    Melanie ·
    • Hide content
    We had mini bacon rolls for our evening food which went down really well, plus a veggie option (feta and beetroot parcels)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics