Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Beginner May 2023 Hampshire

Evening Buffet Numbers

Laura, 19 of January of 2021 at 14:27 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all, I've tried to Google this but can't find an answer so I may just be being silly but would like some insight Smiley sad ...

When it comes to the evening buffet, do you cater for ALL of your guests (day and evening) or do you only cater for your evening guests as you have already fed your day guests?

Some venues I've been in touch with are recommending that you cater for 75% of guests (which makes sense to me because of food waste) but is it 75% of your full total or 75% of just your evening guests?

Myself and my partner have been day guests at a wedding and have still munched on the evening buffet so it would seem unfair to me to only cater for evening guests but it would also bring the cost down by a lot!

TIA

5 replies

Latest activity by Westytowalker, 21 of January of 2021 at 21:11
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Evening food is a free for all, so I would guess the 75% is of all your guests! We are not having separate evening guests, but we are putting on evening food. The wedding breakfast will be 4:30, and we’re hoping most people will stay until midnight, so that would be a long stretch without a little snack - or in this case pizza.
  • C
    Beginner August 2021 Hampshire
    Crj ·
    • Hide content
    Our venue has said to cater for 100% I guess for profit. I am planning on catering for 75% of the evening guests as the elderly etc will likely not hang around for the evening. So I feel that balances itself out. Our day guest cost includes the evening meal allowance. We have also been told that the free children are catered for in addition not just expected to balance out.... so there is a few extra ‘children under 2’ attending the evening that won’t turn up Smiley smile
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Smiley smile

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Smiley smile

• W
    Beginner December 2021
    Westytowalker ·
    • Hide content

Hi! Evening food is for everyone - our venue require us to cater for a minimum of 80% of guests but I'm going to speak to them about children/babies etc as seems pointless paying for adults 'dinner' in the evening for children and babies... it's all quite complicated isn't it! At least more complicated than I expected.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics