Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kim
Dedicated August 2022 West Yorkshire

Evening dress

Kim, 14 of March of 2022 at 10:49 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 10
Hi are any of you changing out of ur wedding dress for your evening reception looking for ideas what to wear

10 replies

Latest activity by Littlemy, 15 of March of 2022 at 19:45
  • xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content
    I'm not no, but I tried on a couple of dresses that had a detachable overskirt (so then looked like a form fitting dress). So it's like two dresses in one which might be a cost efficient option rather than buying a second reception dress?
  • Kim
    Kim ·
    • Hide content
    Thankyou x
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I looked at the I've skirt option n but didn't like the look. Personally I want to be in my dress for my evening guests to see it and enjoy wearing it all day. I think it is an American thing to have 2 dresses,but each to their own, I love my dress so much I can't wait to have it on all day and night!
  • Kim
    Kim ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love my dress aswell but its quite heavy and the skirt part is massive im just thinking of the toilet struggle really lol xx
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I’m having a backup option of a white top and trousers. Way more convenient for the loo and easier to dance in! I hope that I won’t end up wanting to change into it, but I don’t want to be grumpy because my dress has become a nuisance 😂
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I have a tea length dress anyway so the skirt won’t be a problem for the toilet. Agree with Charlotte that it is an American thing.
    I’m changing my shoes though, I have some white converse trainers with ribbon laces to wear for the evening and dancing.
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    It’s my only chance to wear my dress and I already know won’t want to take it off (and want evening guests to see it) but I’ve deliberately chosen a dress that I can move in (we’ve got a rural venue and will head outside for photos so a long train etc just wasn’t an option!). My BMs are already primed to assist with toilet trips if needs be though! Definitely changing into trainers (quite possibly well before the evening!).
    It’s your day and your dress though - do what you want to do and what makes you the most comfortable.
  • Kim
    Kim ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks guys think im just gonna stay in my dress for the evening but definitely gonna switch shoes to trainers xx
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm staying in my dress all day! It was too expensive and too beautiful not to hahaha

I am going to be wearing sandals though, rather than heels. I am also planning on bringing with me a nice white summer dress (something that I would wear in general so it's not a "reception dress" or an additional expense) as a last resort back up - just in case someone spills red wine down me or it just gets too boiling - I don't intend to use it but I think having it there and knowing I can change if I need to will take away some stress.

• Littlemy
    Dedicated April 2022 Kent
    Littlemy ·
    • Hide content
    I've had a dress mde for the evening which isn't brilliant at all but something I wont get much opportunity to wear again. I'm aiming to change for first dance. I think it's a lot to try and party in it. I've alsoseen brides where by the time it gets to the evening the dress looks Iike its been through the mill a bit

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics