Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2018

Evening entertainment ideas for small wedding

ExpensiveOrangeStationery50284, 1 of May of 2018 at 18:22 Posted on Planning 0 3

Help - really need ideas and inspiration

Having a small wedding of 22 guests - including 4 children under 10 and a baby in arms

Getting married at 4pm followed by a sit down meal in a hotel

Thought I had hit the jackpot with the 'evening entertainment' idea for a small wedding - by hiring a private room in a bowling alley round the corner from the hotel which provided two private lanes, drinks and canapes package and would be great fun for all!

Just been told that they dont allow under 18s in after 6pm on a Saturday : (

Totally gutted so like many before me am now asking the forum for any ideas?

Its irritating because in reality I think the guests which kids (who are only 3 individuals) would not want to say for the bowling anyway so i think it would end up being child free but my other half is quite insistent we cant 'dictate this' from the outset as its excluding people. Which is fine but now Im stuck!

3 replies

Latest activity by tjNdespair, 14 of May of 2018 at 10:52
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I'd go for a magician. The best ones are all listed on The Magic Circle website as they are members of it.

• Joey@WarbleEntertainment
    Joey@WarbleEntertainment ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

Sounds like a tricky situation but there will be something out there that suits.

The thing to be aware of is that with numbers this small and potentially a small room, whatever you have there is going to be really noticeable! The good thing is that you can decide how you want your night to go down and what vibe you want.

Do you want something that your guests can sit down and watch? Maybe you guys want to just chill and dance?

For me those are the two main ways you can go. An actual 'show' like a magic show, a comedy show or even fire performance is great but then you have to think about what happens before, in between and afterwards. I'm a big fan of walkabout or mingling entertainment - but can an act mingle in such a small group without standing out? I think if you go for something like this it would be best to have an actual show that people can enjoy rather than a solo entertainer moving through your guests throughout the night.

A nice idea could be live music. I wouldn't go for a full band due to the number of guests but an acoustic duo of sorts can really captivate a room and provide something fun if people want to dance. Also it's not so intrusive and doesn't require everyones full attention. This means if you do just want to drink and chat with your guests, you're free to do so without feeling like you have to properly watch a show. With the numbers you have, it's set up perfectly for a small scale musical act!

To be fair there are loads of cool and unique options available but it depends how quirky you want to be with it! I think whether you have kids included or not will make a difference to your choices.

Good luck and let me know if you need any more ideas Smiley smile

Joey

• Dave@LeFunkWeddingBand
    Dave@LeFunkWeddingBand ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

You might like to consider hiring a Jukebox. It's quite good fun, your guests can go up and select songs they like and it becomes quite interactive. I think you can get various packages. I've seen this done for a small (between 20 and 30 guest) function where the party continued in the same small room as the meal.

cheers

Dave

• T
    Beginner July 2018
    tjNdespair ·
    • Hide content

You could try renting a pool for a private pool party. Everyone likes to swim and they aren't usually very expensive either. Good luck.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics