Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner July 2021

Evening Food and general expectations

ExpensiveRedStationery55618, 13 of May of 2020 at 08:46 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi there!

I'm using this quarantine to get ahead on wedding planning for July next year.

Asking questions and quote to caterers, I have a question that is raising...
I will have 180/200 all-day guests, we are going to have both the registry and Indian ceremony at the venue (Wharfedale Grange, Yorkshire), so the reception will be quite late, I reckon not before 5pm.

Giving that all guests will attend this reception, do we need evening food? I was thinking maybe a sweet buffet might be sufficient and I would invest on a gin bar or something a bit different. We have already entertainment planned for the after-reception and I am not sure if people would need some more food after a 3 course meal.

What is your experience?

Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticPurpleDiamonds24669, 28 of May of 2020 at 13:12
  • T
    Curious April 2022 Cumbria
    TigerLily8 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We went to a wedding in February just gone and the ceremony was around 3.30pm, followed by food around 1.5 hours later, and no evening food was provided.

While no one complained as such, people were definitely starting to feel hungry later on at night. I think people just wanted something small! I remember one pregnant guest in particular being a little upset. Plus I think filling people with alcohol will definitely make them peckish!

Personally I would provide something, even if it is just something small (sandwiches?).

Hope this helps!

• H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

our day guests will be wearing around 4.30/5pm but we are still putting out a light evening buffet of cheese, cold meats, breads and salads etc and may also do a sweet jars table.

i think some guests may still get peckish, especially if they are boozing / pregnant etc, and also I think for some of our more elderly guests who won’t be on the dance floor all night it’s another little thing to do! We will also be having separate evening guests too, and will be putting on the invite there’ll be a light buffet.

Hope that helps!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I went to one of the first weddings at Wharfedale Grange! I think if your meal is so late you'll only need one meal. You could serve your wedding cake in the evening along with crisps, nuts etc to pick at. The guests will be stuffed after a 3 course meal.

• R
    Beginner May 2016
    RomanticPurpleDiamonds24669 ·
    • Hide content

We had bacon butties and a cheese board with wedding cake in the evening at our wedding (there wasn't anything left). I agree people definitely get a bit peckish particularly if they've been drinking.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics