Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2018

Evening food stuck for ideas

HappyPinkStationery692, 27 of December of 2016 at 19:57 Posted on Planning 0 6

I really need some inspiration for evening food at our wedding. For the day we are having afternoon tea, so I really want to have something hot for the evening. Your ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Chrissie x

6 replies

Latest activity by OneHartOrTwo, 31 of December of 2016 at 21:09
  • BrideintheToon
    Beginner September 2017
    BrideintheToon ·
    • Hide content

We're planning to have afternoon tea for the wedding breakfast too, and for the evening we are having a gourmet vintage fish and chip van. So both meals will be quite vintage and very English!

• H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyPinkStationery692 ·
    • Hide content

I love afternoon tea but also very aware that it's October and we will need something warm later on. Would you be so kind to either write on here or inbox with what you have been quoted for your fish and chip van. X

• H
    Beginner May 2017
    HappyRedStationery700 ·
    • Hide content

We're also having afternoon tea, and we're strongly considering ordering takeaway for the evening to keep costs down ?? Our other options though were pie and peas, or jacket potatoes with varying fillings and side salad. We also had a quote from a company with an American style school bus serving a range of hot dogs and burgers straight from the bus. Hope you manage to find something that suits you ?

• H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyPinkStationery692 ·
    • Hide content

That sounds great, thank you x

• BrideintheToon
    Beginner September 2017
    BrideintheToon ·
    • Hide content

Our fish and chip van is £8.50 per person for adult meals and £6.50 for children, so even with a large guest list it isn't too expensive.

• S
    Beginner September 2016
    Shikaka1984 ·
    • Hide content

Every year when we visit our local food festival we buy some tasty treats from the "Gourmet Grilled Cheese Company" they cater for lots of different events (including weddings) and are absolutely delicious!

• O
    Beginner January 2018
    OneHartOrTwo ·
    • Hide content

We are having afternoon tea canapés during photos, sausage & mash or roast beef dinner followed by a dessert buffet including a cheese tower and cake tower of different flavoured tiers and then fish and chip cones in the evening. Happy to see afternoon tea and fish and chips are still popular.

My friend in December went for sandwiches and sausage rolls for the evening and another friend in September had a hog roast.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics