Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DaffyB
Beginner June 2012

Evening invitation wording

DaffyB, 4 January, 2012 at 21:15 Posted on Planning 0 6

I'm trying to design our invitations at the moment. I've got the wording for the day guests but I'm not sure what to put for the evening guests. As we are getting married in the church we would like to say something about the fact that they could also attend the ceremony. But without making them think they are invited to the whole thing. This is what I've got so far:

Mr X

and

Miss X

along with their parents

Request the pleasure of the company of

…………………………………………………………

for the evening reception to celebrate their wedding

at Thorpeness Country club, Suffolk

on 1st June 2012

at 7.30pm

You are also welcome to attend the ceremony

At Kelsale Church at 1pm

RSVP by March 31st 2012

Any suggestions for improvement? I think the last bit sounds a bit clumsy but don't know how to make it better.

6 replies

Latest activity by Flowmojo, 5 January, 2012 at 10:42
  • DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content

Anyone?

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

We received an evening invite for a friends wedding last year and how they did this was to put that part on a separate information sheet with a little map attached. I think their wording was along the lines of sorry that we are unable to include you within the all day celebration of our marriage but should you wish to see XXX & XXX tie the knot then please feel free to come to the church at XXX.

Don't sound great as I can't remember word for word but maybe something along them lines x

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Weve put something like:

Me

and

Him

request the pleasure of your company at the evening reception following their marriage at XXXXX

7pm til Late

RSVP blah blah blah

ps - Thorpness Country Club is just up the rd from me ?

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. I hadn't thought of putting it in the extra information sheet. I know there are some people who may want to come to the church. For example H2B's cousins who we haven't got space for at the WB. At christmas I saw my Uncle and he said that his mother and father-in-law are pleased we are getting married in a church because it means they can attend the ceremony. So they've booked a week's holiday in Southwold so that they can come. We hadn't even thought of inviting them but I supose we should send them an evening invitation. Fortunately the church is quite big so there should be enough room, although it might be a bit of a squeeze if all 200 people turn up at the church

I thought that if I put you are invited to the church at such and such a time and then the evening reception it might not be obvious that they aren't invited to the whole day and we don't want there to be any confusion with that.

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And I think you are just the week before us too? Where is your wedding?

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

May 26th at Belsted Brook in Ipswich!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics