Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner May 2011

Evening invitation wording....help??

kaz9274, 16 February, 2011 at 08:52 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi Ladies im in the process of ordering my invitations but unsure of a couple of things as I would like my invites to state 'together with their parents' KB & GM.......etc but how would this work for night guests? do you put guest names on the invites or just on the postal envelope? do you use your maiden names or married names?

I am so stressed I just need them done.

Thanks Ladies

1 replies

Latest activity by sarahb3426, 16 February, 2011 at 09:19
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Why can't you do them exactly the same for your night guests? We put all guest names on the invitations themselves as well as the envelope, to avoid confusion.

You use your maiden name (e.g. if you will be Mr and Mrs Jones after marriage, your invitations still go out as Miss Smith and Mr Jones).

hope that helps!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I think for our day invites we are having something along the lines of "together with their parents, Sarah & Richard" invite such a name to celebrate their wedding, with church and reception details, also because were paying for the wedding ourselves, we are written the names as we see them (i.e. not to formal), like Aunty so and so, Mum & Dad etc, but will write their names on the envelopes formally.

For the evening only invites, were thinking along the lines of, Sarah & Richard request the pleasure of **** and not put our last names or parents names etc as the evening invites will be a lot less formal (although mainly an identical card to the day time one).

Were thinking everyone that knows us, will know we are getting married and when they receive their invites they will know its of us so wont need to put last names etc.

HTH

As i've said, were just looking into wording ourselves now after receiving our samples in the post yday! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics