Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hollie1984
Beginner July 2012

Evening invitations

Hollie1984, 7 November, 2011 at 20:16 Posted on Planning 0 8

I am about to order my invitations and wondered whether to put an RSVP card in with the evening invitations? We are having food and need to give numbers to the venue so i thought this would be fine but a few people have mentioned to me that RSVPs shouldnt go with the evening invites!?

Also should the RSVP date be the same date as i give for the day guests or should i give them longer to reply?

TIA

H x

8 replies

Latest activity by ajdown, 8 November, 2011 at 07:59
  • vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

We didn't put RSVP cards in with any invitations. Both sets of guests have been given the same date to reply by.

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

We added little cards into both sets of invites. but if you dont want to do that just make sure you put the same date x

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

More often than not, if a bride orders RSVPs, she orders them for day and evening guests.

As for the date, it really depends on what you want to do. A lot will send out evening invites after the day invites so they can "promote" evening guests to the day if any day guests do actually drop out. If you want to do this then I would say to give a later date for evening RSVPs.

HTH

Nat

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will be doing this. I think we have our day invites deadline down as 31st May for Aug 5th, and the evening RSVP is 31st June. It will help to give us an idea of numbers for our evening bbq snacks, but caterer doesn't need to know in as much advance as the day meals.

• M
    Beginner April 2012
    marrygirls ·
    • Hide content

If you want to do this then I would say to give a later date for evening RSVPs.

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sending out rsvp's with our evening invites but I have put a rsvp date on the invite.

• J
    jhndavid ·
    • Hide content

A card or note with a simple ,Thank you very much for your kind invitation.We've had a few people who have declined our evening invites but I wouldn't expect gifts from the people who ARE coming let alone the people who aren't - perhaps a card would be nice but otherwise, perhaps send back a small note with the RSVP saying 'thanks for the invite.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

We sent ours all out together, same RSVP date. As far as I was concerned all day and evening only guests are as important as each other, the only difference was close family and a few key friends invited to the WB purely for budgeting purposes as it would have cost £3000 more to feed everyone in the afternoon which we didn't have.

We had a few rejections which enabled us to add a few people and upgrade one or two on the day from no-shows but people seem to understand.

We get far too worked up about 'offending people' by making them evening only guests - but the reality is that nobody has an automatic right to be invited to any part of the day and therefore should be grateful for being invited to anything.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics