Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hoddy
Beginner July 2014

Evening invites

Hoddy, 10 of November of 2013 at 12:59 Posted on Planning 0 13

We have 30 day guests and 50 evening guests (hopefully). All are family and close friends so we aren't worried about any declines but I was wondering if you all send evening specific invites? Do they match the day invites, or did you just get cheaper ones? Without sounding nasty my day invites are expensive and I didn't really want to buy them for evening guests as well.

any advice much appreciated Smiley smile

13 replies

Latest activity by Studying&Planning, 11 of November of 2013 at 18:20
  • Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing the same but less sheets of paper as they need less info. Could you have the same design but have it on want sheet and simpler to keep costs down?

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    Soontobe.MrsM ·
    • Hide content

The package we will be getting for our includes a certain amount anyway so we will be doing matching - but I've been to plenty 'evening weddings' were they have sent a normal invite so to speak-

• Jens Hand Crafted Stationery
    Jens Hand Crafted Stationery ·
    • Hide content

If most of my couples have had a pocket fold or wallet type invitations for their days guests, I usually suggest something a little cheaper in a post card style. I match them to tie in with the day invites so it carrys the theme.

xx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Bottom right were my evening invitations. One piece of card with a heart shaped mother of pearl button sewn in the corner. I wanted them to be nice but without the expense and time involved in the day invitations.

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Most of the time my clients do buy matching evening invites but using a cheaper style. So if they have ordered the acrylic/wooden/pocketfold style day invites then they usually go for a postcard style or singlefold for the evening.

Nat

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

We had the same invites but obviously the wording was different on the evening invites.

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Samantha91 ·
    • Hide content

I'm making my own and will be doing wallet type ones for day guests with sheets of info and for the evening guests I'm doing just a single sheet of paper in the same theme to match.

• meandmrjones2014
    Beginner March 2014
    meandmrjones2014 ·
    • Hide content

Our evening invitations dont match our day ones but i'm ok with that. I picked them up in tescos on sale once we had set the date and picked our stationery. I know you can get cards to match for thank you's etc and really any wedding i have been to before I havent really got a hard copy evening invitation it was all done by facebook group invites (whcih, call me old fashioned, I am not a fan of!)

• Rosco298
    Beginner February 2014
    Rosco298 ·
    • Hide content

Mine are the same but with different wording and only the reception venue details obviously. It took us so long ot find something we liked I wasn't going to start again for the evening plus I like things to match but that is just me.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I was going to ask this too. Our invitations are pocketfolds and I'm making them myself. I was thinking of just changing the wording to suit evening guests and just making a few extras.

Our day invitations include directions and accommodation rates etc that would also be useful to the evening guests so I think I've just made my mind up! ?

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't bother matching them if it's more expensive tbh. I'd just get the cheaper versions, no one will they don't match Smiley smile

• Studying&Planning
    Beginner April 2014
    Studying&Planning ·
    • Hide content

I did pocketfolds with 3 inserts, for the day guests, and I've got single pieces of card to go in a pocket (colour of pocket and pocket fold the same & on theme) for the evening guests.

All same theme, but far easier and cheaper for the evening guests. Smiley smile

• Studying&Planning
    Beginner April 2014
    Studying&Planning ·
    • Hide content

I did pocketfolds with 3 inserts, for the day guests, and I've got single pieces of card to go in a pocket (colour of pocket and pocket fold the same & on theme) for the evening guests.

All same theme, but far easier and cheaper for the evening guests. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics