Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2016

Evening outfit

MrsRees2B, 28 of July of 2015 at 21:20 Posted on Planning 0 7

I'm not a dress person but wanted to go for the traditional wedding dress I'm thinking of getting a second outfit for later on in the evening when I get fed up...if I don't have something nice I will end up in jeans and a top...anyway I've seen a lovely Indian suit that would be fab in the correct colour if I can get it made.

http://www.khwaab.com/showplarge.aspx?prodid=1134&catid=8

What do you think? I know these colours are traditionally Indian but am thinking a dark gold or beige/gold mix so it looks more bridal. Is it obviously Indian? Would people think Im weird?

7 replies

Latest activity by MrsRees2B, 29 of July of 2015 at 21:42
  • S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you're weird, but I think your evening guests might be disappointed if they don't see you in your dress. I went as a daytime guest to a wedding where the bride changed in the evening and there were murmurings of disappointment from people who hadn't seen her before she changed.

• MrsV-wasMissB
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsV-wasMissB ·
    • Hide content

I know its each to their own, but I cannot get my head around chaning into anything other than a wedding outfit on your wedding day Smiley smile

I think H2B will have a job and a half getting me out of my dress the morning after for the family breakfast...! Smiley surprise

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I know people who have done this, but they have been the ones who haven't spent much on the actual traditional wedding dress in the first place. I wouldn't want to change with the amount I've spent, but on the other hand it's about comfort. If you will be happier and comfier changing, then go ahead! ?

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsWebberToBe ·
    • Hide content

I was also considering changing in the evening, but decided against it as you only get to wear the dress once, so it's nice to make the most of it (although my dress was non-traditional).

But do whatever you feel happy with.

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

I know someone who changed into a shorter wedding dress for the evening, I think she spent loads on both dresses actually, but she didn't like her daytime dress whereas she loved her evening one.

Our wedding is quite "short" as we are having the ceremony at 4pm and no separate evening do so it's not really an option for me anyway but I don't think I would change into a different dress - it's just one day after all.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

I think if you will feel more comfortable with a change in clothes, then go for it.

I'm with another lady here, though - we have a late ceremony and with the money my dress cost... I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it just for an hour! I'm going to stay in that dress even if it kills me!

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

I don't think its weird but I agree with the earlier post about making sure your evening guests have all arrived before you get changed.

I also wouldn't spend loads on it as I went to a wedding once where the bride had bought a very expensive second dress and didn't end up getting changed.

In terms of the actual outfit you are looking at, the style is very traditional Indian and I think that would still be obvious in a different color. If that's what your looking for then you should go for it. You should definitely feel comfy on your wedding day!!

x

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies I'm planning on staying in my dress as long as possible at least till my first dance. If I don't end up changing then that's fine as I attend Asian weddings regularly so it wouldn't go to waste. I've been speaking to my friend who's travelling to India in November and she will see about getting it made.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics