Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner November 2013

evening reception back home after wedding abroad...getting guests there at the start

cath4512, 10 April, 2013 at 11:37 Posted on Planning 0 4

Just the two of us are going to Jamaica to get married. We are having an evening reception back here when we return.

I would like all the guests there before we arrive...how can I ensure this?

I thought of putting on the invitations the time follwed by arrival of bride & groom.....e.g starts at 7pm with arrival of bride & groom at 7.30pm

will this make it obvious for them to arrive on time?

all the little details are driving me nuts lol

4 replies

Latest activity by cath4512, 10 April, 2013 at 14:36
  • Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I think that's the only way of specifying it, but you'll still need to be prepared that some people will still show up after you.

If I had an invitation to something similar that said 7pm, I'd probably show up at 8. However, if it said you were arriving at 7.30, I'd make sure to be there beforehand.

You may even like to say "entrance" of B&G, rather than "arrival", because that makes it more of an event IMO.

• M
    Beginner April 2011
    mrsrh* ·
    • Hide content

You'll probably find that there will be someone who will turn up after you, but i do think it's a good idea to put along the idea of what you've suggested so that there should definitely be the majority of guests there upon your arrival. I think an invitation with the wording (or similar wording) of 'X & Y would like to invite you to/request your presence at their wedding celebration, following their ceremony in Jamaica. The party starts at 7pm as we'd love you to be there for our arrival to the party at 7.30pm.'

There's no guarantee that everyone would be there, but if i received that in an invite, i'd aim to be there to see you turn up.

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

Mrsh2b I like the idea of the woring at the end, its nice and informal & I think most will arrive on time if we put that.

I will tell most people as well I think Smiley smile

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

If it was just a party invite, I think it's fine to arrive after the start time, but when I am invited to an evening reception, it is a WEDDING so I'd turn up at 7.30 if stated on the invited. I think it's rude to turn up later. I know people would though, so I agree there are people who would turn up late. Argee that stating a start time, then your arrival time is the best bet.

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

We are having some speaches as well so I want people there on time for that too. I will play around with the wording untill I get it just right.

Thanks girls x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics