Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alohabride
Beginner July 2012

Evening reception Greater Manchester?

Alohabride, 6 August, 2011 at 01:03 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hello all.

I've been lurking the last few weeks as I can't seem to post on my iphone....

I was just wondering if anybody had any recommendations for an evening reception venue in Greater Manchester? We are going to marry in Hawaii just the two of us next July but want an evening do when we get back.

Any ideas appreciated!!

We can probably spend a grand or two....

Thanks in advance for your help!!

16 replies

Latest activity by Jules73, 23 September, 2011 at 13:54
  • pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Hi I have no idea how much it is, but how about the lowry, or one of the big hotels in central town? There is also a really cool boutique restaurant, I am googling like mad but can't seem to find it, it is really retro and sort of sexy french chic. If I can remember the name or find it I will post again.

My friend's daughter got married at the town hall and then I think had her reception here:

http://www.greatjohnstreet.co.uk/ the photos are amazing.

Whereabouts in Gtr Manc are you trying to find? The Boden Rooms in altrincham is nice, exterior looks bad but inside it is very spacious with a sprung dancefloor. There are some beautiful hotels if you go further out towards Lymm/Cheshire type way.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I can't help with recs but just wanted to say I am so jealous about Hawaii! We went to two islands on honeymoon and it is my fave place in the world! Which island are you getting married on? Are you staying out there for a while for your honeymoon?

• A
    Beginner June 2011
    Anne! ·
    • Hide content

Which area of Manchester are you looking at and what type of thing do you want (hotel/historical house/barn etc)?

Rivington Barns in Bolton is a lovely venue http://www.rivingtonhallbarn.co.uk/

Castlefield Rooms (above Dukes 92) http://www.thecastlefieldrooms.com/

I think you may be able to hire part of Manchester Town Hall for an evening.

Hitched has a good list of venues as well https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-venues/manchester.htm?rowsperpage=all

HTH

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Retro French - Malmaison? Castlefield Rooms is a good idea and food would be yummy.

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Castlefield rooms are fantastic....definitely would recommend that one.

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    bridetobe2013 ·
    • Hide content

Whart area os Manchester??

There are a few in Oldham? White Heart, Clough Manor, Saddleworth Hotel?

Or in Manchester, Great John Street is lovely (very small i thought), Midland, The place hotel?

x

• Alohabride
    Beginner July 2012
    Alohabride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all for your suggestions! I was thinking somewhere near the city centre so I'll look into those ones. I'm Wigan/Bolton way so anywhere near here is good too... I LOVE the GJS hotel and have stayed there a few times but it is really expensive...

Thank you for your lovely words Lisa! I can't wait!!

xx

• M
    Beginner March 2012
    MrsLeighToBe ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I live in Atherton so must be quite near to you, we are having our reception in Bolton school, have a look its gorgeous and not that bad a price, we were going to use the Castlefield rooms though, they were a close second. x

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

The Place in town is good we just did a venue dressing there, The V&A Marriott is excellent. My side of Manchester we have

Worsley court house

Buile Hill banqueting suite

The Lowry theatre

Swinton park golf club

Worsley park Marriott

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to a wedding reception at Bolton School in a couple of wks and it looks fab.

Have you tried the De Vere Whites @ Reebok, Bolton or try Killhey Court, Wigan - supposed to be nice.

Also, Haydock Park and Park Inn, Leigh do some fab deals.

• M
    Beginner March 2012
    MrsLeighToBe ·
    • Hide content

OOh let us know how it goes at Bolton school - can't wait for ours but it will be interesting to see how the food is and the organisation x

• Jules73
    Beginner August 2012
    Jules73 ·
    • Hide content

Looking forward to hearing about the wedding at Bolton School as this is where we have booked our ceremony and reception for August next year. We live in Hampshire so have only visited the venue a couple of time to look around whilst they were preparing for another wedding. We fell in love with the look of the building (lovely, old, romantic and slightly Hogwarts).

Part of the grounds will be out of bounds next year as they are building an extention so we managed to get a good deal. The wedding co ordinator is very helpful and seems very professional. Only thing is that we have not been to an actual wedding there so really can't wait to hear what it is like....hope the wedding goes well.

• M
    Beginner March 2012
    MrsLeighToBe ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jules73 I just replied to your thread about bands and djs then noticed this. We got the deal too on Bolton School however, the work was delayed so I don't think it affects us now, they have not told me any of the details. Do you know what part of the grounds are closed?

Do you know there is a wedding fayre on 2nd October with the room set up as a wedding. I am popping in just to have a nosey and get even MORE excited!

• Jules73
    Beginner August 2012
    Jules73 ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsLeighToBe - I beieve that the main arch and entrance/part of the inner square will be affected. Have been told that we can use a side entrance. The Headmasters Lawn is available if the weather is nice. We should only be affected if we really wanted certain parts for photography. Tbh I fell in love with the look of the Great Hall and Main Hall before I knew they were having any work done.

I would love to go to the wedding show but not sure when our next trip up will be. If you take any pics please can you share them?

• M
    Beginner March 2012
    MrsLeighToBe ·
    • Hide content

I fell in love with it too, I always looked at it online and thought "I wont be able to afford that" but my friend pursuaded me to have a look on the site, I saw the £3k offer and enquired about a date, Jane got back to me to tell me that work was starting that week but they would honour the price for the saturday previous as I was interested. So we got a great deal. Are you just sticking to the 60ppl in the day? I think we are going to pay the extra for upto 100ppl.

I will def take some pictures when I go......i can't wait!!

• Jules73
    Beginner August 2012
    Jules73 ·
    • Hide content

We took the 3k deal too!

Going to invite up to 80 for ceremony and wedding breakfast and 100 in the evening. I think the number that will actually attend the ceremony will be more 60 as all my relatives are from Hampshire/Wiltshire so quite a few might not come because of the distance.

Enjoy the wedding show! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics