Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2014

Evening reception invite gift wording

Lauralizzie10, 24 of July of 2013 at 22:12 Posted on Planning 0 3

Me and my OH are getting married in Cyprus next May and have only invited close family and friends to the wedding abroad. We're planning on having an evening reception for everyone else a few weeks upon our return. We will be sending out invites to the evening reception but we're unsure as to how to word them. Some people who aren't coming to the actual wedding have already asked what will be on our gift list but the thing is we've lived together for 4 years so already have everything we need. Ideally we would like a honeymoon as such without all our family there but will people think its wrong for us to ask for holiday vouchers/money to go away again? And how would you word this request?

Any suggestions/thoughts would be gratefully received!

3 replies

Latest activity by Sprollie, 7 of August of 2013 at 20:24
  • *Munchkin*
    Beginner October 2013
    *Munchkin* ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't put anything. If people want to give a gift, they will most likely either give cash or vouchers, or will ask someone (most probably you!) for guidance.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

In your shoes I wouldn't put anything in. If people want to give they'll eitherask you or give cash or vouchers

• V
    Beginner September 2014
    victoria86101 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

We are thinking about doing the exact same thing. We also want money to help pay for the trip to Cyprus so we have decided to have the reception in the UK before we go but in terms of wording it will probably say something like this:

'We have been very lucky to have made our home together over the past 4 years and we would any donations to go towards our future together.'

I have also just found this poem online which is pretty cute!

When thinking of a gift for us

We ask if you’d please consider

Contributing to our honeymoon
    to make it all the sweeter.
    Our house is full of all the things
    a couple could require,
    and so a holiday away
    is what we most desire.
    Then while we're relaxing on the beach
    or by the pool so blue
    we'll sit back and know
    that it is truly thanks to you!

• S
    Beginner March 2014
    Sprollie ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married here but are asking for money / vouchers, we used a honeymoon website and are directing internet savvy guest there, we want to go to new york so have items on there like 1x street pretzel 1x show ticket etc so friends can select to spend £10 and buy us both a snack - if that makes sense! One family member wanted to be part of it but give us quite a lot of money so we have split 'air miles' in to a lot of £10 sections so a guest could say select 5 and send us well on our way with £50!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics