Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2013

Evening Reception Timings

Elodia, 16 August, 2012 at 18:46 Posted on Planning 0 6

What time are people starting their evening reception, I am a little stuck. Wedding ceremony is 1.30pm xxx

6 replies

Latest activity by rachel2012, 18 August, 2012 at 08:50
  • chrissyroxanne
    Beginner August 2013
    chrissyroxanne ·
    • Hide content

My wedding is at 3 so slightly different I spose but the wedding breakfast will begin at 5 and therefore evening will be at 8...maybe you could shift it forwards an hour and start the evening reception at 7? xx

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    midlandsbride2013 ·
    • Hide content

Timings for ours is 1pm wedding, drinks reception at 3pm, wedding breakfast at 4pm until 6pm, (then a little rest) and then evening reception starting at 7pm. Our church is about 20mins drive from the reception venue so there is a bit of a gap between the service to allow us to get there!

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

Our ceromony is at 1.30! we are at the same venue for everything so may be a little different if you have to travel between but we have sit down at 3pm and eveing guests at 7pm.

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

We've got ceremony and reception in one place. Ceremony is at 1pm. Drinks Reception & Canapes 1:30pm-3:30pm, Wedding Breakfast 3:30pm-6pm, Chill Out/Guest check in accommodation, 6pm-7pm, Evening Guests arrive/DJ begins at 7pm.

• H
    Beginner May 2013
    HEmmaH ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Our timings (so far anyway) are:

1.30 - ceremony

2.30 - 4.00 - drinks and canapes

4.00 - 6.00 - meal

7.00 - evening guests arrive

8.00 - band starts (hopefully everyone will have had a few drinks by then and be ready to boogie)

However, these could change at any given moment!

• D
    dressed4theoccasion ·
    • Hide content

I used to do Wedding Videography and receptions almost never run to plan, but I would say depending on the timing of your day, anytime between 7 - 8 would be good, just think about the length of the ceremony, if you need to go from the church to the venue, ask your photographer how long the photos normally take and add 15-20 mins for delays. Then 45mins - 1hr for speeches, unless you are really regimented, and then time for your meal and alittle bit of time to chill and chat to your day guests before your evening guests arrive. This will also allow your venue to change the room around for the evening and get stuff set up.

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at 1:30pm and our evening is starting at 7, our wedding venue gave a break down of times and had the evening reception starting at 9!! But then again they also do a drinks package which doesnt start to after the wedding breakfast so think that may have something to do with it ;-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics