Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BumbleBrat

Evening Reception Venues!

BumbleBrat, 2 August, 2010 at 00:26 Posted on Planning 0 5

Why oh why is it so difficult to find a venue JUST for the evening reception without settling for a crappy town hall or cricket club or something!

I really want somewhere that allows your own caterers too as I have a catering company in the family, but it seems you have to use their own with extortionate prices, or you can't just have an evening reception on a Saturday as they leave them free for whole wedding packages or exclusive use.

I only want a posh hotel, castle, manor house/stately home or something without having to spend about £4000 for their room hire and overpriced buffets!.. Not asking much (LOL!)

Any ideas anyone? All I seem to do is send email after email and get nowhere!

I'm in North Wales (Near Wrexham - 10 miles away), getting married in North Shropshire and want a venue no more than 40 miles away.

HELPPPPP!

5 replies

Latest activity by BumbleBrat, 2 August, 2010 at 20:46
  • BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Finally found one that seems PERFECT! Off to view it soon, price seems brill and they allow your own caterers and bar hire.. Woo!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Are there any nice barn venues nearby?

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Where???? we want to snoop and look at it on the internet lol Smiley smile

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I've lost count of the amount of emails I've sent! I must have looked at every single function venue around here within 40 miles.

It's Walcot Hall, The Ballroom looks lovely -

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

Looks gorgeous! hope they live up to your expectations Smiley smile

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Me too! The room doesn't look very big but I'm hoping it looks better in real life. Also hope tables and chairs are included too, not too worried about linens as they can be hired easily.

Hope the piano is included too as I have found a guy who plays for a reasonable price!

The cost is £1000 for the room, which is really good compared to some. My next choice is a Castle for 48 hours for £3500 but as I'm getting married at a different castle, there's not really much need for 2 days, seems a waste!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics