Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner July 2018

Evening 'reception' without food - invites

Julywedding2018, 10 of May of 2018 at 17:31 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello!

Me and my partner are getting married in less then 3 months. We are not having traditional wedding. We are simply going to the registry office with our nearest and dearest who we are inviting for a meal thereafter.

After the meal we are planning to be in a pub from 7.30pm ish for anyone else if the want to join us. The problem we have is that we are only having few drinks there and won't be providing food... How do we word an invite to our friends and colleagues so noone will be disappointed if they will pop round? Would you make people aware that there won't be any food? I know that nowadays it is a norm to have an evening buffet, however as mentioned this is not traditional wedding.

Any help is appreciated ?

1 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCars582, 12 of May of 2018 at 07:22
  • F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

I think if you're not having a traditional wedding reception (or even morning) then you’re invites can get away with being a lot less formal. If I were you I might write something along the lines of:

Following our wedding ceromony, for close family and friends only, we will be having a small drinks reception. You are welcome to join us for this at [time-time] in [name of pub] for a few drinks.

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I think I would be very specific and say to people there's no food as they will be left wondering whether to have their dinner before they come out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics