Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2022 Tyne & Wear

Evening wedding guest numbers!

Sarah, 5 of November of 2022 at 16:10 Posted on Planning 0 9
I’m getting married next year and I’m inviting 60 day guests and a further 20 evening guests. not sure if my numbers will dwindle as the night goes on. Is it normal for people to leave throughout the night? How many people did people have there the last hour or so? Just trying to get an idea for food numbers and what to expect.

9 replies

Latest activity by Klaus, 17 of November of 2022 at 06:51
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

It depends on the make up of your guest numbers. If you have older people like grandparents or parents bringing their children then they are likely to leave earlier. You will get some guests who want to party all night until the music stops but it's normal to expect guests to trickle away during the night.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

As a day guest, I've usually left shortly after the evening party starts - I tend to stay for the first dance and then drift away 10-15 minutes after! I've only stayed at a few weddings until the end, and I'd say a good half of the guests have left by then - mostly it's the evening-only guests who stay to the end.

• S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, I’m just not sure what to expect! We haven’t got loads coming so didn’t want it to look empty but I suppose it is only
    Natural numbers will deplete.
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Not sure what to expect! My friend got married a few weeks ago and she said everyone stayed till the end but most weddings I have been to people have left throughout the night and only a few left by the last hour.
  • Gillian
    Beginner November 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Gillian ·
    • Hide content
    Any wedding I've been at, most guests stay until the end , I've never been at one where there's hardly any guests left at night- if anything else, there's more at night. We have appx 90 during the day and an additional 40 at night.
  • Km86
    Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Km86 ·
    • Hide content

Every wedding I've been to its only in the last 2 hours that the guests start saying their goodbyes

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I guess it's largely a case of 'know your guests'. If you are inviting a load of young singles who would normally be out partying at the weekend anyway, then they are likely to stay until the end. If you have a lot of older relatives or couples with young children, then they are likely to be leaving earlier as they will either run out of steam or need to get back for the babysitter (or take their own kids home if you are having children at the wedding). So it might help to look at the demographic of your guest list.

• M
    Beginner June 2021 Staffordshire
    Max ·
    • Hide content

Hello. If the wedding is large-scale and is not close to the city, then you need to think later about the guests having a place to stay for the night. That's why I did this at my wedding. I found out from the guests who plans to stay the night and who doesn't. And booked rooms.

• M
    Beginner June 2021 Staffordshire
    Max ·
    • Hide content

Hello. If the wedding is large-scale and is not close to the city, then you need to think later about the guests having a place to stay for the night. That's why I did this at my wedding. I found out from the guests who plans to stay the night and who doesn't.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics