Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca86
Beginner July 2012

Ever feel like scrapping everything and starting over again?

Rebecca86, 29 March, 2011 at 16:56 Posted on Planning 0 8

As the title asks really

I'm at the stage where after a terrible day i've sat wondering

Why am i planning this big wedding ?

why am i inviting people just because they're family i mean some i hardly see they never pop around to see or ask how i'm doing?

Which then takes me to the venue

Why don't i cancel it find somewhere else smaller and do the wedding sooner ?

This wedding has been more stress so far than excitement

I just don't know what to do

Someone help me or just give me a slap and tell me to stop moaning

I think after a rubbish day and the pain i'm in has not put me in the best of moods

and this bloody headache just will not go away ?

8 replies

Latest activity by leni-lw!, 30 March, 2011 at 07:55
  • Fcerrino
    Beginner May 2011
    Fcerrino ·
    • Hide content

Do it! if you are still feeling like this in a week or two i think thats exactly what you should do... scrap it and start again.

Just been to visit one of my best friends who has just set the date for her wedding this july. She is having a simple garden party afterwards with a bbq and bring a bottle. I thought what a simple and brilliant budget way to do it, just 40 friends and family. I'm very jealous after organising a big venue and lots of food and drink paid for, for 120 people.

Just think of how much easier and cheaper you couuld make it, much less stressfull and enjoyable.

i think on the day, I'm going the love the fuss and it will be worth all the time, effort and money, but I am enjoying the planning alot. If you are not... I think you should be brave and downscale before its too late! xx

good luck xx

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

Maybe you just need a little break from it all - have a week off from planning!! Or go and see your dress again (if you've got it), it might help to bring the excitement back.

I managed to have a break over Christmas as we had to move back in with my parents when we were getting our bathroom done - it was nice to spend time with OH without everything surrounding us being to do with the wedding and I then managed to get back into it once Christmas was out of the way.

Hope you feel a bit better soon, just remember it'll all be worth it when you're married

xxx

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

I've had a wedding break really i've not done anything

Might talk to the other half when he gets home tonight

and see what he says

cheers ladies x

• Samantha2704
    Beginner July 2011
    Samantha2704 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh i felt like this a couple of weeks ago! My partner seems to have lost interest in the whole thing, if i share things with my mum and dad i don't get much of a enthusiastic reply. I think if someone asked for my advise on a wedding i'd simply say, invite who you want not who your family want. Get married where ever you want, i'd do it abroad now if i had another chance! Just the little things that get to me and i think why does it feel like i'm pleasing everyone but myself?! I might feel completely different after the wedding and i hope i do! X

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

Think everyones realy said everything already.

Just wanted to give you a hug ?and say it could just be a little bump in the road or an indication what your planning just isnt for you. Only you can decide.

Goodluck!

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Ohhh m reading about myself in these posts.. i too am feling the same and thnking ''why am i bothering'' and what if i piss people off if they dont get an invite etc etc .. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH happy frigging days lol?

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

I feel the same, i just wish the feelings hit me sooner. when it all got too much we sat down to see what deposits we'd loose if we canceled and just did it small but it was just too much money to waste!

I avoid wedding talk with my mum now as it always turns into an argument and i'm out of work and struggling to find new work so just cant figure out how we will afford the rest of what we need!

but hey-ho everyone keeps telling me we will do it somehow and it will all be fine so im just hoping so!

By the looks of it we all have or will have these feelings at some point but at the end of the day i just want us to get married and just wish it would hurry up so i dont have to stress about it anymore!

• B
    Beginner April 2011
    bit ·
    • Hide content

I felt this way after sending out the invitations and starting on seating plans - pleasing everyone but myself. it does get tiresome, eventually threw a bridzilla fit last week and have not been so bad since lol

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Folks are also paying for our day..... and eveything i say r want turns into an argument with mum- to the stage she is ruining what should b??e good times in planning our big day.. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics