Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2015

Everything seems to be going wrong!

Miss2Mrs!, 15 of January of 2015 at 13:15 Posted on Planning 0 14

Told my bridesmaids to order 1 size too big for their dress and we can just alter closer to the day. Well one bridesmaid is so naive about her size, her '1 size too big' is still too small, can't be returned as from china made to order. Another bridesmaid found out she is pregnant so her dress now won't fit, one dress is fine! The other is my nieces dress, ordered a really big one so we could make ties for the ushers and scarf for best woman. So hopefully all dresses can be made to fit them all still, but might not get the ties and scarf now!

The best woman is being really picky. Doesn't want to wear this, doesn't want to wear that. Told her she wears what we tell her or she can just be a guest. She's now sulking like a child.

The MIL2B is being a controlling minx! She has never liked me and was awful to me at the begging and is now trying to make me let her see me in my dress, trying to control our wedding and just generally irritating me big time.

And finally, my videographer has diapered with our deposit.

Just needed to let that all out... All problems should hopefully be fixable though!

14 replies

Latest activity by Pam @ Beauti, 15 of January of 2015 at 16:41
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Oh my - what a nightmare - glad you're remaining optimisitc though about it all being fixable - that's half the battle. Chin up hun - have a large glass of wine tonight x

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

Aaaaaan breath! Like you say - all probably fixable, but definitely not something you should really have to deal with right now! Your comment about one bridesmaid being so naive about her size did make me laugh though; what size clothes does she buy normally!

Best Woman sounds like she'll get over it. I'd let her stew for a wee while and then go and explain to her softly that you understand her likes/dislikes, but this is your day and you'd really appreciate it if she could jsut go with the flow.

Tell MIL2B to do one! LOL! Well, sort of, if she doesn't like you anyway putting her in her place isn't going to make things any worse.

Hopefully the deposit for your videographer wasn't too much - can you afford to get another one? I know it's a hassle to have to look again, but look on the bright side, at least you haven't paid him the full amount!

Chin up buttercup! It'll all sort itself out!

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Miss2Mrs! ·
    • Hide content

I am hoping it can all be fixed at least! Although i won't get my hopes up on the Videographer, I chose them because they done a friends wedding and the video was beautiful. £699 for 10 hours coverage. All i can find for 10 hours coverage is prices over £1000! So we may not be able to have a professional one now, but maybe someone starting out.

The MIL2B will never change, so won't get hopes up on that either! lol

Best Woman knows she can't wear what she wants, as its not her wedding! We want her in a woman suit to match all the ushers, but with a scarf to make it more feminine. She looked lovely in it but her issue is because one of the ushers Grooms brother said she looks like a man. Bunch of childish wedding party people it seems!

The dresses ordered were a 12 for one bridesmaid which will fit fine, 12 for the one who is now pregnant, so probably won't fit, 20 for the one who ordered 2 sizes too small, and 30 for the niece to also make ties and scarf. So Im hoping the niece will have the 12 altered to fit her, pregnant one the 20 to fit her, and the one who's dress is way to small can have the 30 to fit her. As long as there is enough material left to make 5 ties and one scarf i will be happy! Even if alterations will now probably cost double!

Wish me luck! A drink tonight sounds like a good idea!

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

To be honest I can see where the best woman is coming from. She may well feel like she's dressed for the office or even as an airline stewardess but definitely not dressed up for a wedding and party. I appreciate you want her to tie in with the wedding party (we have a best woman too) but don't you also want her to be comfortable and happy? Surely there must be a compromise that suits everyone. Does she want to wear a dress? What kind of blouse/top are you asking her to wear with her 'woman suit'. What colour are the ushers wearing? There are ways of coordinating her with the rest of the ushers and groom without denying the fact that she is a woman.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Miss2Mrs! ·
    • Hide content

The problem is right at the begging when she was asked to be a Best Woman, she wanted to wear a suit. She likes the suit, we liked the suit but because 1 person (may i add, a male with hair past his shoulders) said she looks like a man. She looks nothing like a man, she has huge boobs and a bum. She was happy with how she looked in the suit with scarf right up until the childish BIL2B said a silly comment.

She is comfortable in it, she could wear a skirt instead of trousers if needed. What she wants to wear does not fit the theme, and she would not look like someone from the wedding party but just another guest. Ushers/ Best Woman and Groom are all in Grey Suits.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

I do understand but as I said maybe there is a compromise. What does she want to wear?

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Miss2Mrs! ·
    • Hide content

She doesn't want to wear a grey dress, she 'doesn't really like grey', if she did that would be fine. She wants to wear a black dress, and wear the green scarf just hanging down her neck. No, body in the wedding party will be wearing anything black apart from their shoes. If she wanted to wear a grey dress with the green scarf just hanging wherever that would be fine. The compromise is she can wear a grey dress to actually match the wedding party, the grey suit with either trousers or skirt like she originally asked to wear, and to grow up and ignore the 'you look like a man' from 1 person out of 8. Or she can just be a guest.

She knew the colour theme of the wedding when asked to be a part of the wedding, if she knew she did not want to wear grey she should not have accepted the offer.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like you're more than willing to compromise and she isn't. There are loads of beautiful grey dresses out there in lots of grey shades. Why would she want to wear something completely different to the rest of the wedding party? Unless ofcourse she really wants all the attention to be on her.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Miss2Mrs! ·
    • Hide content

She would stand out very much so in a black dress when everyone else is in light colours. I wanted her in a grey dress to start with but she was adamant to wear a suit. Thought the bride was meant to be the awkward one!

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you suggest to her that she can change after the meal/cake cutting/first dance whatever you feel is reasonable. Then just tell her that's it, you're all out of options so she needs to choose one.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Miss2Mrs! ·
    • Hide content

She already will be changing after the ceremony and reception into a different outfit for the evening. She wanted to wear a blouse with sunflowers all over it for the wedding, we didn't want her too as it seemed a little tacky (my flowers are sunflowers, but don't really want them on a shirt!) So she is changing into this sunflower blouse for the evening reception. Instead of Bridezilla seems to be a Best-Womanzilla on our hands! She knows she will have to wear grey wether she likes grey or not. Otherwise she will no longer be best woman.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Miss2Mrs! ·
    • Hide content

The only problems we had with the ushers not liking their outfit was the pockets! 2 on 1 side and 1 the other, which once this was pointed out i agreed it looked very odd. Bridesmaids have been fine apart from the dilemma of them not fitting, one wasn't keen on colour but said she would still happily wear it and the flower girls are 4, so no issues from them! Literally just picked pickiest person ever to be part of our wedding! Oh dear.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Sorry but the sunflower blouse did make me laugh. Sounds like you are giving her loads of leeway. I hope she gets over herself.

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

She sounds like a total nightmare! I am with you on this one that she should wear what you tell her, it's your wedding, your colour scheme so like it or lump it. Why are bridesmaids/best women etc....so difficult! One of my bridesmaids wanted to wear a dress from bohoo, up to her axxx and boobs hanging out and totally the wrong colour x

• Pam @ Beauti
    Pam @ Beauti ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Thats disgraceful about your videographer have you tried to get your money back ??

Shame on them !

Pam

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics