Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ellenlouiserobson
Beginner August 2012

Exante Diet

ellenlouiserobson, 23 of October of 2011 at 05:51 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 12

Hello lovelies Smiley smile

Just wondering whether anyone has experience with the exante diet?

I am seriously considering the total diet, basically as it is for every meal and would make eating around / at work so much easier for me.

I work a 24/7 shift rotating week and my weight seems to be going up and up as popping into McDonalds / Subway is quicker than cooking when I want to get to bed.

I don't have time for diets like Lighter Life or Weight Watchers where you go for meeting / arrange appointments to pick up your food , because of my working hours.

I've got just over 10 months to go and would like to loose as much as possibly safely

Thanks x

12 replies

Latest activity by yurikahanachi, 18 of February of 2012 at 10:10
  • 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

I originally started on Lipotrim (managed by a pharmacist in weekly check ups) but the pharmacy was over 20 miles away, so then I did Cambridge Diet with a consultant much closer to me. I did see her weekly, but it was very quick - just a weigh in and chat really, not the intensive counciling that light life promote.

I got on really well with it and lost 4 stone over a period of about 4.5 months. I kept most of it off for 7 months (put about half a stone on and most of that was probably Christmas!) but unfortunately I had an accident which damaged my ankle and for the last 4 months have barely been mobile - which for someone who exercised daily before has had a really detrimental affect on my weight and I have put just over 2 stone back on in the last 4 months.

I am also thinking of giving exante a try as I know those type of diets suit me, but I can't get to any regular meetings etc as I'm in pot at the moment. I should be able to start exercising after Christmas, but in the meantime I'm determined to try and lose at least a stone of excess flab and think exante could help. Because I'm healing from the ankle operation, I daren't do the very low cal option (ie purely exante products) but I would do 2 products a day (breakfast and lunch, which would also help because currently I can't stand up to cook!) and then have a protein-based healthy dinner.

If you go VLCD route you can expect to lose 1.5 stone in your first month usually, and then approx a stone a month after that. I would say the more you have to lose, the more success you'll have for keeping it off long-term - it seems to be that people who only have say a stone to lose and so only do VLCD for around a month haven't re-educated themselves to eating smaller portions by the time they hit goal weight and so then return to bad habits and put it straight back on.

• katielou87
    Beginner April 2012
    katielou87 ·
    • Hide content

Hello Ladies!

I am currently on Exante - with just over half a stone more (maybe - depending on how addicted I get hehe) to go.

It does work. But it is hard work.

I have been on this diet since end of june, and I have lost 3 stone - it feels great! The only thing with this diet is make sure that you have good support around you as it is sooo easy to fall off the wagon. Having a wedding dress to get into is a definate goal though!

I could talk about it for hours but If you have anything you want to know about it then let me know! xx

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies for your messages!

I have decided I am going to take the plunge and buy the month Exante total plan and see how I get along.

I think if I do manage to loose around a stone a month I would stick to it for as long as I need ?

Unluckily my OH is a terrible eater and will only eat crappy food so I am going to have to keep his food habits away from me for a while!!

Wish me luck Smiley laugh

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

Good luck - I'm happy to be a diet buddy with you if it would help? xx

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww I would love that!! I find it really hard since my BF eats so crappy and won't agree to change his eating habits x

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

Is anyone else on Exante or anything similar?

I know how Ellen Louise is getting on (brilliantly - but I'll let her update you!) Katie Lou, how're you doing? Have you reached your target now?

I'm not on Exante, but have gone back to Cambridge to try and shift what is fondly being called 'Ankle Weight'! I started it today - god knows why I picked this week to start as I know I won't be 100% on the diet - I'm on a course tomorrow and will be fed; then tomorrow night I'm going to stay with my sister for 4 days and she has a meal out booked plus afternoon tea and there are bound to be other opportunities but hopefully I'll resist and lose even without being 100%.

I hope to lose 1st 7lbs by Christmas (ie in 1 month) and will then relax over Christmas and New Year (but try to stick within the 2000 calories limit and as low carb as poss) and then go back on it in January to lose another stone.

• S
    Beginner March 2012
    samantha55 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I was just wondering how you ladies are getting on with this diet as I am thinking about purchasing the total package to try lose a couple of stone before my wedding in 3 months! eeekkkk

Sam

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

Hi there Sam!

I started Exante on the 28th of October and to date I have lost 31lbs ( 2 Stone 2 lbs )
    I must say however I have dramatically increased my exercise , I am swimming 5 times a week compared to not doing anything before hand.

It's definitely a good kick start but I will not be sticking with it for all my weight loss. It's caused me to be quite irritable, I've never stopped feeling hungry and was SO pleased when I came off it just before Christmas, even if it does mean my weight loss will slow down.

Most of the side effects listed on the website I have received but if you can put up with it for a month or two go for it Smiley smile I think all meal replacement diets give the same sort of effects.

It has its good sides ( The weight loss makes you feel tremendous ) but with all very low calorie diets it can give you bad moods, hair loss, insomnia.

Let me know what you decide Smiley smile x

• S
    Beginner March 2012
    samantha55 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for the reply. Well done on your weight loss so far, sounds like you have made a great start! Well I have made the plunge and ordered the bumper pack so will see how I get on with that. I also want to use it to kick start weight loss but also intend to join the gym so I will be excercising too. Also will be going from doing none to doing hopefully 3 days a week!

My pack should arrive by Tuesday so will start as soon as it arrives but will just see how i get on. With my wedding in only 3 months, hair loss would not be ideal!!

I will keep you updated with the progress. Have also brought my first set of scales... i tended to avoid them completely but hopefully seeing my weight go down will be the motivation i need to keep going!

Sam x

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

Just to say I have done lipotrim and cambridge diet (switched from one to the other when I realised I had a CD consultant 4 miles away Vs. driving a 50 mile round trip to the lipotrim pharmacy!) and I have to say I honestly didn't get ANY side effects! I was paranoid about bad breath hence cleaned my teeth more than usual and used loads of mouthwash, but H2B kept telling me it was totally fine and never smelled bad!

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

I have 4 months to go till my wedding and I'm thinking of trying this one out to, need to have a good read of the website if my little one will let me as I don't really understand anything about it. I just know my partner doesn't make dieting easy for me as he likes his pasta and full fat meals. Can anyone give me a brief run down on this exante diet and costs for say a month? Thanks Hayley.

• C
    Beginner May 2012
    Chrissie1212 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I was wondEring how you ladies are getting on, I am getting married the 18th may and am unsure whether t g wit this or the Cambridge diet as a kick start. The exante is cheaper and wondered if it was as good?

Thanks in advance x

• Y
    Beginner September 2012
    yurikahanachi ·
    • Hide content

It's very hard and painful. You can try some other ways Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics