Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

betty
Beginner September 2007

exercising when a bit ill

betty, 15 of April of 2009 at 13:35 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 2

Is it really bad to exercise when you have a cold? Will it take longer to get better? It's not that bad but I have a bit of a chesty cough too. Gah! I lost 1.5lbs last week and was feeling so motivated. Why do people arrange to meet you with their overly snotty children? Now we're all sick and sleep-deprived.?

2 replies

Latest activity by Danger mouse, 15 of April of 2009 at 15:33
  • Toriaplum
    Toriaplum ·
    • Hide content

Hi, sorry your feeling poorly. Well they all say don't do it but I had a chest infection about 3 weeks ago and on antibiotics. I have to say I did actually do my normal amount of exercise because I have a holiday in 6 weeks time and need to get into a pair of trousers lol. But having said that I was feeling ok.

If you feel ok then see how you go. But don't push yourself as it may do more harm than good. The doctor did tell me to rest to recover quicker but as I have a 6 year old and a very very active 3 year old that wasn't possible anyway so I thought what the hell. lol

Hope you feel better soon.

TP x

• betty
    Beginner September 2007
    betty ·
    • Hide content

I'm coming back to the UK at the end of the month and had the goal of getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight by then (son is only 19 months old)! I only have a little to lose but it was going so well. Think I might go for a walk if it ever stops raining or do a short spell on the cross trainer. I'm definitely going for it tomorrow, regardless of how I feel.

Thanks for the response. Hop you get into those trousers by your holiday.?

• D
    Beginner October 2007
    Danger mouse ·
    • Hide content

I once heard that exercise when your ill is o.k if your illness is above your neck line, but not below. So a cold is o.k but not a chest infection,

At the end of the day though its how you feel in yourself and if you feel up to exercise.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics