Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner January 1998

Exhausted trying to find a wedding venue!

vintagegirl, 29 December, 2012 at 15:48 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi everyone.

So Ive been engaged for three months now and plan to marry in October 2014. However, I have been searching for a wedding venue consistently since getting engaged and have only found ONE that is within my price range offering what I like! Im so stuck and wondered if anyone had any suggested venues?

My Budget is around £6000 for a venue, including food. I found one venue that will give me room hire, a three course meal, hog roast in the evening and a bar for around this price. I also need the venue to be around thirty minutes from where I live. Im looking at places in Shropshire and West Midlands.

Im quite open minded to things such as old barns, libraries whatever, but I just really want to find at least two more venues before making a decision!

If anyone can help that would be great!

Thanks Smiley smile

7 replies

Latest activity by HAG13, 3 January, 2013 at 14:46
  • Katianne
    Beginner February 2014
    Katianne ·
    • Hide content

I can understand your frustration! We started looking in August and after a lot of Internet searching identified a few venues that seemed to offer what we were looking for. We wanted something a bit different that we could put our own stamp on, within our budget.

In November we went to see Wilderhope Manor in Shropshire. We loved it but when we priced it up it was out of our budget. So I went back to them to ask if there was anything they could do to put it within budget. They came back with a midweek offer so I went back to them to ask if they could offer that rate but at a weekend. We are flexible on dates so they came back to us with an offer, and last night we provisionally booked a date. Needless to say I am pretty excited!

Dont be afraid to ask what a venue can do in terms of price. Don't take their pricing on face value, especially if you are prepared to look at dates more 'out of season'. It seems you can get a better price if you are looking at October to March.

If you want to see some photos we took of Wilderhope Manor when we visited have a look at my Pinterest page ?

• V
    Beginner January 1998
    vintagegirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi guys, thanks for your replies.

Ive had a look at the venues you've suggested but they are a bit too far away Smiley sad Hundred House Hotel I really liked but is unfortuntely too small for my wedding
    Smiley sad

Im having such trouble trying to find a venue, its really frustrating! I feel as though I need my venue booked before I can concentrate on everything else, but its taking a lot of time. Ive given myself until the end of February to choose one, as my parents will be paying the deposit for wherever it is around then, and we want everything to be basically done by Summer 2014, and then to get married Oct 2014.

Gahh, feeling a bit disheartened but shall power on!!

Thanks again Smiley smile

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Sorry don't have any venue suggestions but just wanted to say it took us 6 months to find and book a venue even though the one we booked was the first one we viewed, sometimes you need to go the journey to make you realise what you can and can't have. Have you been for any viewing yet?

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

Another Shropshire BTB here! We're having the Hundred House Smiley smile at first we ruled it out because of the size but after looking at other places, nothing compared and then on the off chance we just popped up to see how it felt and it's actually perfect - have you actually been to look?

I have seen a place called Redhouse Barn which is somewhere in the West Mids, Bromsgrove maybe? Not sure whereabouts you are. Our VOG has been there many a times and it does look lovely!!!

• V
    Beginner January 1998
    vintagegirl ·
    • Hide content

No I havent actually been to look inside the Hundred House, I did really like the outside of it, its my kind of style. Now you've said that I might arrange a viewing.
    Redhouse Barn is a bit too far, but thats the sort of things im after.

Ill have another look at Hundred House I think Smiley smile

• Katherine Courtney Weddings
    Katherine Courtney Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Hi! We might be able to help. We have exlusive access to a goregous castle in Shropshire called The Citadel where you can hold a marquee wedding in the grounds. Do let me know if you'd like more information. =)

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

Have you got a serious drafted guest list? We're having 68 in the day, 110 in the evening. The upper levels on both sides can also fit 20 people each if I remember right... I would definately go have a look even if its to completely rule it out, thats why we went to know for sure that it wasn't an option and I could stop harping on about it but instead, sold!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics