Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious June 2023 Worcestershire

Experience with semi naked cakes

Sarah, 1 of November of 2021 at 16:45 Posted on Planning 0

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone that is married / been married before and had a semi naked cake or anyone that had information from their cake consultations has any experience of what to ask about semi naked cakes?

I kind of had my heart set on one as I love the way they look and myself and my partner and family don't like fondant icing nor a lot of buttercream icing.

We were meant to have our first meeting with our potential cake supplier last weekend (it didn't happen but that's a different story) and it's now been rescheduled to this weekend. In the extra few days I have had before meeting with her I have started researching a little more.

Everything I read points out that with a semi naked cake it will dry out faster than if covered (probably sounds obvious but this had not even entered my mind) I'm wondering if they really dry out that fast and how long I will have from set up to cutting etc before it makes the cake dry.

Our ceremony is at 1.30pm and anticipate cutting the cake around 7.30-8pm. Is it usual for the cake to be set up first thing in the morning or is standard protocol say around an hour before ceremony? The venue is a hotel with restaurant so they will have large fridges etc if it helps to be kept in there for a certain time.

I will of course ask her these questions but don't want her to 'upsell' a more fancy covered cake to get more money when in fact a semi naked would actually be ok.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics