Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner August 2011

Exploding wedding balloon

robertson2b, 29 June, 2010 at 13:33 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi!

Not sure if anyone watched four weddings last night, but I'm now really interested in having an exploding confetti wedding balloon at my wedding Smiley smile It would go off during the first dance.

Is anyone else having one of these and if so where have you purchased yours from?

Thanks Smiley smile

8 replies

Latest activity by robertson2b, 30 June, 2010 at 08:33
  • Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

I was a bridesmaid at my cousins wedding and they had an exploding confetti balloon which exploded at the end of the first dance while everyone was cheering. It was truly special and made great photos as everyone was on the edge of their seats with cameras waiting for it to pop!

• R
    Beginner August 2011
    robertson2b ·
    • Hide content

Haha yes that doesnt sound too great! Luckily I'm not having many children at our wedding and hopefully they won't go crazy over confetti!!

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

I saw it and it looked great, not sure where you get them from though!

• mrsjbw2b
    Beginner August 2010
    mrsjbw2b ·
    • Hide content

We r having one , we ordered it from the same shop that are doing the helium balloons, ours is £30,

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Seen this done many times, and its usually me that gets the job of bursting it. It does have the wow factor. I have encountered two problems though...

1. The room got so warm during the day that the balloon naturally erupted...... a couple of hours before the first dance!

2. The balloon was ordered and delivered to the venue. When I arrived to set up the venue staff were stood there scratching their heads because there was nowhere suitable to suspend it from. We ended up throwing it up in the air and bursting it, missing the bride and groom completely

• S
    Beginner
    Smuggle ·
    • Hide content

I ordered one years ago for a promotion and I had it filled with paper butterfly with my logo printed on them.

I ordered it from Harrods, it wasn't that expensive.

• fiona1984
    Beginner July 2013
    fiona1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi we r having one of these during our first dance. ours is a mixture of small balloons and confetti our venue has had these before so I know there is somewhere to hang it!!! robertson2b can i ask where ur based as I could let u know where ours is from we are in the southwest

Fi

xx

• R
    Beginner August 2011
    robertson2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies.

I'm from Suffolk so will probably have to order one from the internet somewhere and get a pump!

Luckily the dancefloor is in a different room so if it does explode its not the end of the world. I've got to make sure that there is somewhere to hang the balloon but at least I've got loads of time to sort something out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics