Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jimjams
Savvy May 2013

Extra Long Wedding Sparklers in the UK... Has anyone found them??

jimjams, 14 April, 2013 at 09:45 Posted on Planning 0 16

Morning lovely UK Hitchers,

I love the wedding sparklers that seem to be very popular in the US at the moment, and really have my heart set on staging some pictures in the evening using them, but I can only seem to find the standard sparklers in the UK that I am just not sure would burn for long enough.

Looking at the US sites, they do them especially for weddinggs up to 32" long with less smoke, but all the US companies I have emailed have failed to reply, making it pretty clear they have no intention of shipping them to me.

Have any of you UK Brides planned to do this and if so, where did you get the sparklers or are you using standard ones?

Thank you ladies, as always, your help and advice is greatly apprecited!!

JimJams :-) xxx

16 replies

Latest activity by hayleybru84, 29 April, 2013 at 15:06
  • K
    Beginner April 2014
    kitcat10210 ·
    • Hide content

I dont plan on using them but im sure I have a brochure from a company that does invitations/favours/bubbles etc that is selling them.

If you can bare with me for half hour while i dig through my stack of magazines ( im making a scrap book so It's a reasonably large stack lol) I will find the brochure and give you the company name etc

• jimjams
    Savvy May 2013
    jimjams ·
    • Hide content

That'd be great if you don't mind, thank you!!

I haven't seen them anywhere else other than on US sites or places like Pinterest where they've been posted by Americans. It's so frustrating because it's such a small thing, no-one is intersted in shipping them for me either :-(

Thanks Kitcat10210 xxx

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    kitcat10210 ·
    • Hide content

Hello again! sorry it took a little longer, I got distracted by trying to tidy up after the dogs!

its a brochure/catalogue that was inserted in the middle of a wedding magazine for a company called Celebrations plus.

I think these will be the ones that you are looking for, they are called luxury glitter sparklers and its £4.95 for a pack of 15

These are the ones https://prestigegiftware.co.uk

and they do some smaller ones too. I hope these are what you were looking for!

• jimjams
    Savvy May 2013
    jimjams ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much, but unfortunately they're not, no. :-(

The ones I am looking for are really long, up to 32" so they burn for up to 5 minutes to make it easier to get various shots while they're still alight.

I have just been and bought a small pack of 18" ones from the local party shop and they burn for a minute and a half, but I think that'll be pushing it to get more than one shot with so many people to arrange, that's why I think the extra big ones will be better but nowhere here seems to do them.

The search continues :-( Thank you though, I really do appreciate you looking for me!!

JimJams xxx

• jimjams
    Savvy May 2013
    jimjams ·
    • Hide content

I've been looking again this afternoon, and still no joy :-(

If anyone can help I would be eternally grateful!!

JimJams xxx

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

It depends what effect you want in photos. We did a few with normal short sparklers with a very very long exposure on the camera. It wasn't the lack of sparkler time that was the issue, it was coordinating everything at the right time for the shot. There's an example at the end of the report in my sig.

• jimjams
    Savvy May 2013
    jimjams ·
    • Hide content

That's one of the shots I want to set up... Some long exposure ones with lettering etc, but then I also want a large group shot which may be hard to get in one shot so having sparklers that burn longer would give the hotographer more time to get the right shot.

After looking for as long as I have and getting no further on here, I think I may have to accept defeat and go with the standard length ones and just hope the Photographer can do his thing, fast! lol

How do I get to you sig, I have never looked at those?

Thanks

JimJams xxx

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

At the end of my post it says "link to my beach wedding report". Click on that xx

• jimjams
    Savvy May 2013
    jimjams ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow!!! What a beautiful report and what an utterly romantic wedding day!! It sounds just perfect :-) Thank you for being my first ever wedding report, I didn't realise they were on here like that... How lovely :-)

I saw the long exposure shot, that's just the sort I want and looks just lovely :-)

Fingers crossed I can get it!!

Thank you.

JimJams xxx

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. And yes, it was amazing, and we were so happy and relaxed being there on our own. Feel free to copy my pics for your photographer if you want. It took us about 8 goes to get that pic! The issue was timing, each sparkler lasted 2 attempts. Oh, and have a look at people's signatures, many old married have links to their reports in there xx

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Mary C to be K ·
    • Hide content

I've seen 2 minute burning sparklers but you're right there doesn't seem to be anywhere in the UK to get the massive ones. 2 min ones are here http://epicfireworks.com/sparklers

I was wondering about having some sparklers at the end of the night just because I love them but I do wonder if people will be too pissed to be trusted with them!

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    Floribea ·
    • Hide content

Hi joined Hitched just to reply to you. Any luck yet? I'm currently looking for myself. We defo have GIANT sparklers in the UK for November 5th so they do exist, how 'smoke free they are I'm not sure. www.x-itingfireworks.co.uk have 400mm ones. I think your best bet which I will do at some point is to google an all year firework supplier shop and ask them for advice alternatively our Wedding Venue has a recommended supplier list one of the suppliers being firework displays so I'm going to contact them as a starting point. The other thing I have noticed is that in the pictures of sparklers at weddings they all do it for the 'send off' my photographer said Nooooo best time to do it is at dusk to get the best shots getting out her iphone with app for when the sun will set on that particular day!!! After all they will just become a 'picture taken' after the wedding so doesn't really matter what order think we'll do ours before eve guests arrive, not to mention safety of some who may be a litl too past it drink wise and the early leavers!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We picked ours up from Waitrose (not quite 32" but they're big and burned for long enough for us to get a few shots)- although that was in the lead up to bonfire night, I suppose you'd have a bit of trouble getting some there now Smiley sad

When did you need them for?

• jimjams
    Savvy May 2013
    jimjams ·
    • Hide content

Unfotunately, looking on those sites and googling has still only led me to 18" sparklers in the UK - Having never heard back from the US companies I mailed, I have decided to just go with the 18", although they're half the size of what I orginally wanted, it's all I can find so they'll have to do and I'll just have to hope my Photographer is quick! lol... Thank you all for your help anyway. It seems the US has the upper hand on us when it comes to sparkers! :-(

JimJams xxx

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I have x2 pack of giant sparklers on top of my fridge since bonfire night- their giant sparklers 5 in each- you can gladly have them if you want (just measured them and their 44cm) if they are of any help to you Smiley smile

• mandunc14
    Beginner July 2014
    mandunc14 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if I am any help but I live in Canada, and depending on when the wedding is, I could possibly help if they are available here. I am coming to the UK in July. I doubt you could mail something like that but I think they are ok to pack in luggage.

• H
    Beginner August 2013
    hayleybru84 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Just to let you know that I was looking for the extra-large sparklers too however, I have been informed by a firework display company that the largest sparklers legally allowed in the UK is 18 inches.

This might explain why you arent getting a response from the american companies.

I have also found that if you buy in bulk you get more for your money we are ordering 200 to give us plenty to play around with and its costing £65.60 including P&P at www.fireworkscrazy.co.uk Smiley smile

Another suggestion our photographer made was that we provide her with a couple of sparklers in advance so that she can practice with lighting and certain shots.

I hope this helps Smiley smile

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics