Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner April 2016

Extra Special Touches

HM2016, 13 of April of 2015 at 20:02 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married next April and I want to make some extra special touches to our day to make it one to remember for our guests. I've thought about drink fountains and magicians but I'm just not sure.

What sorts of things make a memorable wedding for you?

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated Smiley smile xx

4 replies

Latest activity by AuntieBJ, 14 of April of 2015 at 13:45
  • M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsMtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

Personal touches like flip flop basket, basket with toiletries in the toilets. Confetti cones personalised with your married name

x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Vodka Luge!

Granted, not a wedding but the most memorable event I've attended had one and it went down an absolute storm! It acted as decoration, entertainment and it provided guests with drinks!

• RogueSnowflake
    Beginner July 2015
    RogueSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

As someone who has panicked over this stuff I just thought I would say don't lose any sleep over it. Think about you as a couple and what you like, and just add a little detail here or there which is truly personal. Personal touches are what will make it memorable.

I went to a wedding where there were pictures of the bride and groom as children, and growing up. That was really cute and a good talking point. I would quite like to have a board with all the wedding photos of our families, but that might be controversial!

The best thing I have learned is that a wedding is a party not a performance. I don't really like this new expectation that we have to provide entertainment for our guests beyond the usual dinner and dancing.

I think if budget were no option for me I would have a photo booth, and maybe one of those big props where you stick your face in the holes. People love that.

And I would have a cookie bar. Yes. A cookie bar. I do not know what this would entail, but the cookies would be homemade and chewy and you could get them with a shot of milk or a shot of baileys!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

All those lovely little touches that we brides obsess over, are really just for us I think. I have been to a few weddings over the years and to be honest, the only thing that stands out for me from any of them is from my brother's - he made a speech that really was one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard in my life and when the vicar did her little chat about my brother and his wife, she got my children to hold a bowling ball (they met in a youth bowling league). I don't remember the dress my sister-in-law wore, or what we had to eat. I don't remember what the favours were or even if there were any. I don't remember the decorations or anything much about the day itself - but I do remember the bits that were about them as a couple - the personal moments that really said something about who they are.

As lovely as sweetie buffets, hog roasts etc... are, they are the things that you want. If you want to make your wedding truly memorable - add in those things that say something about who you and your OH are x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics